Dreams Are Apathy.. . . . . . What does this mean.

In my first LD I ever had (not counting the ones i had when i was a kid)

A doctor said to me “Dreams are apathy”

I’ve never pondered a question so much in my life… . .
i don’t understand
it’s such a paradox,

Anyone got any ideas ?
I had some good interpretations on another forum,
but i’m still kinda… i duno… baffled

maybe the dreams don’t care about you?

hmm well apathy means lack of feeling or emotion… Or interest or concern.

Maybe he ment that dreams dont matter. Obviously the DC has not heard of LD-ing ! Or maybe you at one point thought to yourself that dreams dont matter and that doc was recalling the events in your past thoughts shrugs

SleepSprirt, yAy yAy you’re here :partying_face: :flower: :mrgreen_hat: :love:

Hmm… was mine a good intepretation???

[I posted my interpretation on DreamViews, but since it’s descesed I’ll have to rethink it…]

I said something like, “you may have a fear of being rejected by socity because of your interest in dreams. A doctor, a skilled and respected profession, even believes dreams are pointless and meaningless…blablabla…”

Maybe he’s speaking of ND’s, where you are apathetic in that you let go and don’t care about reality, or other people. Maybe…

[color=darkred][b]FixingFlare

I like that…
ha… That’s a very positve way to look at it… . . .
it’s hard to see apathy as a positve word…
but das kool thanx… .
thanx eh !!
i think it means all of the above… .

or… Unicorns[/b][/color]

As opposite to lds regular dream can be called apathic.One have no free will in them.
Dunno whats the answer tho,we know so little about dream messages(or even those messages actuall existance) that its really hard to say.

Yikes Jack, I know this is really off topic, but you’re sig is the exact quote I had in my sig at DVs (along with my adoptees and a penguin being bitchslapped :smile: :tongue: :wink: )

It could mean that some people practicing LD could become apathetic in waking life… Only doing nothing and waiting for the next night. So, he kind of wanted to warn you about some danger. Or, maybe, it was not about apathy at all. Words of similar meaning are sometimes mixed in dreams. So it could be supposed mean “Dreams make you cool”, or “Dreams teach you to rise above everything”, or “You are totally free in dreams”, or “You must try to stay calm in you dreams”… Or nothing at all. :grin:

I agree with this interpretation ! :good:

yea…
sometimes I wonder if he said “dreams are empathy”

which would be a more tangible and easier thing to interpret… . .

but hey, who…