Loud high pitched silence?

At night when before im sleeping i can hear silence, and if i concentrate on it, it becomes VERY loud and high pitched.

This would happen to me automatically when i had a nightmare when i was young. But now i can listen to it whenever i want and increase volume whenever aswell.

I just read that you can induce OBEs and LDs using this to concentrate your consciousness :-\

Has anyone induced an OBE or LD like using this?

some people call this white noise i think i used to have this in nightmares as a kid as well, where everyone just stoped talking and looked at me and then there was “that” sound. i hated it as a child and used to go lucid and blow the dream up, even though back then i didnt know what lucid dreaming was or how to use it. so i guess i have ised to go lucid like that but no i have never used to get an oobe or as a wild or mild method. but i do know some ppl that have so i know that it can be done. Just focus on it as you fall asleep forget about your body and want that lucid dream is what they told me, but i can not use that techq, i have a lot of trouble getting 2 sleep :confused:

good luck

as the sound gets EXTREMELY loud, its like as loud as your ears were made to hear then i get dizzy and scared but im gonna play around with it and try conquering those fears.

BTW: There seems to be alot of people from Australia on this forum. I’m from Melbourne :smile:

just remember it probally happenes to you everynight , just now u are aware of it :smile: just remember to breath and remember it wont actually hurt you :smile:

im from Canberra lol, ther are a few :smile: one day we should have a massive meet up like others have done

yeh, i probably have it everynight but i am usually fully conscious once it starts and if im panicking i just wake up. 2 nights ago i would do it until it gets loud, then i’d make it stop, then i’d do it again. I was experimenting :smile:

Massive meet up would be great, but the distance and our physical bodys restrict us :razz: maybe in AP

hmm try not to focus too much on it you will keep your self in that limbo state :smile: but experimenting is the best way to overcome fears

lol AP nice well we can always orginise a time in the future where we are all not so limted, somthing to keep in mind :wink: but a massive ap or shared dream how cool… hmm ideas

What do you mean the limbo state?

Melbournes far away

i call it a twilight state, its the state between dreaming and not, HI happens here as well, but by keeping your self in limbo i mean you wont get to sleep and you wont wake up, you will jut hover there until you chose to let go and wake up or let go and sleep :wink:

ahhh distance is only an object it can be overcome

if i go into hypnogogic state, then i would have entered SP. From hypnogogic state can’t i try to induce WILD or even an OOBE