New Method: CAT

Looks far more complicated than a LD ing techniques needs to be and I’m not even sure it would work.

If you read it through, it makes sense - I expect that it would work if you do indeed have a regular sleep cycle, as the text suggests. You also need to follow it very strictly (according to the text) and it does seem a bit odd to have a “regular waking time” only to wake up 90 minutes early every two days… :eh:

Perhaps someone will give it a try and see if it works. I have heard of stranger things working

Of course but as the inventor of the method he has the right to release it under those conditions. But we may “copy it” (meaning list it here) as long as it is still complete and not used for profit.

I haven’t tried it so far but perhaps others might wish to try.

I’ve read this before. Sounds like you could use his principles without such strict rigour.

For example I am a college student, so monday wednesday friday I get up at 9:30 for work. Tuesdays and thursdays I get up at 10:00 for class… if I would just adjust that 9:30 to 9:00 ti would be the exact same thing he is talking about with out al the mumbo jumbo.

You are right, of course…
If you get any success do post as it helps everyone see if it is worth trying.

It would be worth trying . I just don’t think it is something that would work well for me.

I will try it.

/me starts trying it from today :happy:

Yea, it wouldn’t work well for me either. I don’t exactly have under a strict waking time.

I must admit that I didn’t read it all - but isn’t this very similar to the WBTB method?

No. It’s more complicated. There is no WBTB involved. YOu just wake up at different times on different days. Read it to find out.

It’s clever in theory but I don’t know if it would hold in practice.

It looks as if it was only suitable for people whose regular wake-up time is very late (or bedtime is very early), so that they can easily lose 90 minutes of sleep every second day. If you work in summer, you will have to go to bed when it is still light…
Isn’t it possible to alternate stage2-a and stage2-b some different way, for example, one day – part b, two days – part a? Probably one early waking in three days would be enough to keep the cycle stable. If I get up earlier every two days, I will probably program myself on waking this time every day instead alternation with LD (I am not very good at setting intentions and so on :shy: ). So it really will be just a variation of WBTB: the only difference will be that every second day I will not go back to bed… :sad:

hmm routines… somthing that iam not very good with getting to sleep at the same time or waking up for that matter, i can see how it would work but still… i think it could be changed a lot

Right now , Im so tired. about to go to sleep. I skimed through this CAT technique.

This is great, cause I natraly did this all the time when I was younger.I’m only 20 now) Always waking up at 6:30 And always going to bed at 9:30…

I just realized that it was the disturbance of my sleep cycle that is a cause to my low lucidity recall these past 3years. (most likey cause of not being in schoolsince graduation, and having alot of different jobs.

I’ve got to sleep now…
more for later.

#six :sleeping:

good luck six :happy: tell us how it goes

I think its interesting and worth trying, although I am really going to full try evey single tech until I find something worth sticking with.

I’m really trying to get a good sleep patern. I think it would be a good idea to write out my schedule, how it is right now, with work and school and projects… the exact times I have to be there, and the times I am always at home…
Life was simple, when I lived with my parents, all I had to do was dream, and they took care of the rest.
I never imagined that I would ever have to put my dreaming into a schedule, after all the other responsibilities… :neutral:

All you amazing young teenagers who still live with your parents, who take care of the work and bills for you…DON’T TAKE IT FOR GRANTED!
REALIZE WHAT IT IS, and
MAKE IT ENCHANTED!!!

#Six

hehe, i live with my parents as i am 14.

Instead of doing this long method that requires so much effort, when i come home from school or its recess/lunch time i just set my timer to go off every 3 minutes then i do a reality check.

I’ll tell you if it works as i’ve just started.

:cool: Have a good time Ahmad!

When I was 14, I swear, that was THE YEAR OF THE LUCID DREAMS for me. A lucky age! :tongue:

#Six

I shall try this for a fortnight and shall seeith if thine devine method duth really bless thee with lucidity whilst I am slumbering…

Then I shall posteth the instructions for auction on ebay, until thy author comes rapping on my chamber door…
Quote the raven, “NEVER MORE!”

AAAaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha
sorry, couldnt resist…