Is it all a Lucid dream?

First, I appologize if this has been discussed here before.

I’ve been pondering this for a while now and would like to get some more input.

We all know the validity of lucid dreaming and how it is truly a seperate reality for the dreamer. I’ve been thinking that maybe a lot of meditative or chemical induced states might actually be related to the same structures in the brain that make lucid dreaming possible.

Think about it, when you ingest Peyote, you begin to see visions and in many cases are transported to another reality. Could this substance be inducing a Lucid dream state instead?

Think about it, when you practice intense meditation and project, are you instead entering into a lucid state, similar to when you perform a WILD?

Sensory deprivation? Hallucinations?

Perhaps I am just taking too simplistic a view of it, but it does sound like all these states have much in common with lucid dreaming.

Intense meditation isn’t about lucid dreaming, more about lucid living. It’s not about generating hallucinations but about looking beyond the hallucinations of daily life, straight to the heart of reality where every illusion is overcome and only the Isness remains. This is done by pure awareness of waking life, not by creating some dreamlike state…
However, you could be right in case of peyote and other shrooms or psychedelic drugs (esp LSD). They seem to broaden the mind and induce mental projections to other realities. Or so it seems… I agree they may have a connection with LDing.

I finished re-reading Carlos Castaneda’s Teachings of Don Juan. All of his chemical induced visions sure sounded a lot like lucid dreams to me. It is uncanny!

Only thing I guess that differentiates it though is the fact that he was not in sleep paralysis when he was having these visions.

A few days ago I ordered peyote and san-pedro (the both contains mescalin) and I will surely try it to induce LD and such. I will post my results in a thread later.
I have also ordered some hawaiian baby woodrose seeds (contains LSA), peganum harmala seeds (harmaline containing) and yopo seeds (for the DMT), and I will try all of the mentioned substances in the manner of LD. :content: