Problems with driving cars

I used to have NLDs about driving before I learned (or even tried) to drive a car. I don’t know if the brakes worked because I didn’t use them, and the engine was never on, it was always downhill. I always had strange reasons to take the car too. Like my dad and I were somewhere and I went and sat in the car and quietly started rolling faster and faster…

I suddenly remembered just now, that my sister and I took our mom’s car once when we were kids, and took turns driving to get home from some place far away. This is a false memory, probably based on a dream. It just feels so real and I can remember it so clearly… it’s strange how the mind works sometimes

I also had braking problem in my dream or that my gas acceralates too fast :razz: or not enough.

I never started dreaming about driving until I was like around 15 years old. I was about to learn how to drive in like 3 months with driving class in high school. That’s when I started dreaming about car.

Some people said that car is similar to your own body. If it isn’t working properly… maybe in real life, your body isn’t working right or… maybe you feel stuck… (braked)… or something. That’s the common interpretation that I have learned from other old forum. :smile:

Just thought that it would be interesting to you, but that meaning doesn’t mean that it’s 100% accurate. Only you can interpret your own dream. :smile:

For me… anything with electrics or operating with power functions weird or wrong in my dreams… like computers, lights, etc. (not always, but most of the time).

:smile:

thanka guys for the input, it was probably my subconcious minipulating my dreams again :razz:

Dm, thats what happened, when i pressed on the accelerator, it went out of control and way to fast :razz:.

btw star. I dont think it would be an effective dream sign. It doesnt happen often enough for me. this is only like the 4 or 5 car dream that i had.

haha :happy:, funny…im 16 now :cool:

I’ve got a lot of dreams when i’m trying to drive cars too (b4 i even tried IRL). I never manage to have any control over the car neither…

Wonder why…maybe seen too much car chases on tv :tongue:

Yea I’m actually going through the same series of dreams right now too. I thought I was the only one having dreams like this. Its not a constantly persistent dream, but everytime that I dream about cars in any way, something doesn’t work right and usually its the brakes.

I think even in one of those dreams, the brakes wouldn’t work and I was heading right for a solid wall so I bailed out like GTA style. I got up and just watched my car roll into the wall and blow up. I never thought I’d be so happy to see my car in the driveway that morning after waking up :content: .

The only problem with a cars that I have found in my dreams are that the speedometer indicator bends if I accelerate fast :tongue:

hahaha :content: I once ha da dream that when I accelerated, The speedometer screemed at me :happy:

My cars drive themselves. If I consciously wonder why or how a car can drive itself then it goes out of a control, and I end up diving from the back seat to control it.

This sounds just like a dream sign. Like a light switch that does not work or electronics that malfunction.

When it comes to cars in dreams, my cars work sometimes. But probably about 50% of the dreams I have that involve cars have very wreckless driving included in them.

For the longest time I never thought much about wreckless driving in my dreams, but then the last time it happened about a month ago, I used it as a dream sign and I became lucid.

It seems that when cars wreck in my dreams. There is not really any damage at all. But sometimes minor damage appears. I think the reason for this is playing games like Grand Theft Auto III. My perception of what a wrecked car should look like might be altered because of what my brain remembers seeing in a video game.

I know it wasn’t the original topic, but just thought I would add in a little extra thoughts.

I forgot to write about something that used to happen when I was driving a car of a bus or something in dreams. I always seemed to drive into a ditch and wake up just before the crash :help: but that doesn’t seem to happed that often anymore :cool:

Ive had dreams of driving since very young and it was always a terrifying experience because I do not know how to drive IRL. The accelerator always was floored and the brakes would rarely work, Id be on a twisty road or a main motorway - just scary for a young kid to go through lol

• Silva

I used to have dreams where the brake wouldn’t work. Don’t recall problems with accelerator or steering though. But then I found the solution, it was due to flawed/incomplete expectations or how conscious I was of cause-effect. In this case, I would press the brake and think:
Slow Down.
Now, the problem was, the car would slow down, keep slowing down, but never stop.

Once I realized this, I changed what I expected to happen when pressing the brake:
Slow Down and Stop.

After that, the brakes worked fine in dreams (hurray for no more crashing dreams!). Now I subconsciously correct many flaws in my dream world, like walls are a lot more solid than they used to be, and I can make any mechanical or electronic device work by concentrating on what I expect it to do.

In my normal dreams the car always work fine. However, I often either get lost, the roads are weird, or there will be some unusual weather. I once had a dream where I was driving through something that looked like a winter wonder land.

argh…i had another car dream tonight along with other disturbing dreams…very disturbing(lets just say skulls being shattered are involved) =/

anyway, blake, i will try that out.

You’re lucky Milod ! In mine, the car has no brakes, or goes back very quickly, etc.
I suppose it’s because dream garagemen are not very proficient. :grin: :tongue:
Or because, like in the joke, Microsoft builds all the dream car engines, and General Motors produces dream PC operating systems. :happy:

Seriously, I noticed that ND car problems are related with RL career/social life problems. No brakes = no more control on events. Going back in a car = going back in your life. It doesn’t mean it’s true, it means it’s the feeling you have now about your life situation and your possilibities to complete your social goals.

I used to have this dream quite often a few years ago. My dreams always seemed to involve driving some exotic car, or a car that I really wanted. I would drive and be happy, then the brakes would fade. I’ve never managed to crash a car in my dream. I should try crashing next time. I believe I had this problem in my dreams because of the car I drove at the time. The car at the time, an 88 RX-7, had poor brakes. I actually managed to get them to fade IRL. Maybe my dream was telling me to get them fixed/upgraded. :smile:

I experience the same problems, this is probably my most frequent reoccuring dream. it’s not that the brakes dont work however, i just have no control over the car. it’s like im driving drunk or something (which i never do IRL of course), I’m just reckless and i hit into things. if i throw the car in reverse i’ll whip it around and smash into another car. or if im on a highway ill skim all the cars going in the opposite direction, taking off the mirrors and whatnot. i tried to tell myself that next time i cannot control my vehicle i must be dreaming. hasn’t worked yet.

heh, i actually got another dream with cardriving problem last night :neutral:

while i was driving on a straigt road i suddenly lost control over the car and skid up to the sidewalk. Luckely i didnt collide into something so i could continue driving. But obviously my handbrake broke so i couldn’t get my car to stand still when i parked it. :grrr:

When i woke up i was happy that it was just a dream. :content:

I only started learning how to drive two weeks ago, but afew daysago I had a dream in which I was driving my friend’s car. The gas pedal was extremely sensible in a sense that any light touch would cause the car to accerlerate rapidly, and the brake pedal also makes the car accelerates! It was really scary.

:rofl: :lmao: Sorry, I’m sure its horrifying but that “the brake would also make the car accelerate” just cracked me up. I was thinking Oh no, hes going to fast and the brakes won’t break, bu then you just blew me away and went from bad to worse.

The only car/driving dreams was like when I was four. I would be driving in a jeep (my family never owned a jeep) and then all of the sudden the entire windsheild turned into live a tv screen and I just watched it and randomly moved the wheel, lol…