Finally...Almost!

Hi,

At last I had an LD, the third I’ve had, yet once again, it was really boring! :sad:

The first one I had, I was at a really boring and depressing funeral like place, when I became lucid by looking at my watch, and how the time kept changing to random numbers. Anyway, I couldn’t get out of this place. I looked for an exit, but woke up before I could.

The second one I became lucid, but then almost instantly ‘woke up’ (turned out to be a false awakening) :blush:

Finally, last night, I have a third. I was at a really really boring castle place visiting some boring family of mine (who don’t exist in real life :cool: ). I became lucid using the watch technique again. This one lasted about a minute. To get out of the boring scenario, and get into some fantasy land with dragons, I span around. Although it helped, I was still in the boring scenario. It was night at the time so it was dark and dingy. I decided that if I wasn’t powerful enough to transport to places (considering it was my first proper LD), I’d bring it to me. I tried summoning a dragon to battle against. The aura of it appeared in the sky, but fizzled away. After that I think I had drained my power, and the dream became normal. After that I dreamnt I described to the house owner about my lucid dream.

So the first three LDs I’ve had have been exciting, yet incredibly dull and depressing at the same time. :sad:

Is there any way I could increase my power in LDs, and perhaps transport to a fantasy land. What I mean by power is how much control I have of the LD. In this one, I could do anything I would whilst awake, except I wanted to be able to do more, i.e go to a fantasy land.

Thanks,
-LAJ

Why not try Lucid Crossroads :smile: You can read more on it here

Well i think that you should try to stop having negative thoughts like

(maybe so but think about the fact that you were able to LD)

These thoughts may be stopping you from using your power. In LDs you can’t ‘drain’ your power. You can do whatever you want whenever you want. You just have to believe it.

I only thought these things after I woke up. At the time, I first ran around in excitement, span to stay lucid, and then I was mainly trying to transport to a more prefered scenario (Fantasy land :content: ). This one was in the middle of nowhere, at night, in a 1930’s setting, which I’m not into.

I think it might be that whenever I’m in a boring scenario, I look at my watch to check the time, and then I become lucid. I just need to sharpen my teleportation skills etc :smile:, and although I loved the thought of having an LD, it wasn’t any more interesting than being awake. Still, I know I’m closer now.

That night I woke up and couldn’t get to sleep for a while, so I think I had it as an involuntary ‘wake up, stay up, then go back to sleep’ technique.

This ‘power’ you mentioned can (once again) be related to The Matrix. It took Neo a few days to convince his mind that he was no longer bound by the rules of physics. You spend so long walking around in RL unable to perform magic that your mind is convinced that you can’t.

Things like teleportation are often the exception, considering the spinning technique will almost always take you to a different place.

I think you should start small, and learn how to get things done using the ‘expectation’ technique. Obviously, you were expecting there to be no way out of the cemetary, so there wasn’t. You expected that you couldn’t create a dragon, so you couldn’t.

Starting small means not trying to create things, but rather expecting that they are already there. Try imaginging something in the next room, then walk around the corner expecting to see it there. It works for me.

I usually look for a door, mirror, or anything that could act as a teleportation device. At the time, I tried teleporting to another realm, but I just got teleported about 100 feet from where I was standing. I tried summoning the dragon, believed I could do it, but couldn’t quite get there. I think I lost lucidity after that. So my ‘power’ was not spent, just confused. :wink:

I’ll get it all in practice. Problem is, as I have an LD less than once per every few months (though in most dreams I’m getting closer to lucidity), it’s going to be frustrating.

That night (whilst partially asleep), I imagined a wizard saying to me ‘You going through hard times. Alright, you can have a lucid dream for tonight’. I might give him another visit :wink:

I had a really freaky dream last night…i was in a park surrounded by forests and the sky was orange a really dark orange…i saw my friend walking towards the woods and i tried to talk to her and stop her but she just kept on walking.

When she go to the trees she got sucked up inside them…At that moment me and my sister who was in my dream heard a door close just beyond the trees to our right.

Then we decided to get out of there because we got scared…then as i started to run i was losing control of my body and i heard myself yell,
“Graham! Wake up! Wake up, wake up, WAKE UP!!” as this was going on i was flashing back to my room…i saw my room flashing as if my eyes were blinking…then i yelled…in the dream “GRAHAM WAKE UP!!!”

at that moment i woke up like in the movies…eyes popped open really fast…and i was awake…pretty freaky but i think i was a lucid dream…because i was able to have a say in what was going on…with the waking up part…

Just thought i’d share my dream…c-ya