Poll: Lds

1. Dunno.
  2. Most aren’t very stable, I’m still working on it. Sometimes I manage
    to stabilize them by observing my hands, touching objects or flying.
  3. I’m always in a great mood for the whole day after a LD, even if it’s short.
  4. Most are under 2 minutes, still working on it. The ones that are 5 minutes
    or longer (my longest one lasted 10-15 minutes) are always very stable and
    vivid.
  5. I have problems with dream control. The only cool things I’ve managed to
    do is flying (favourite) and shooting lightning bolts from my fingers. So far
    everything I’ve done felt as it should real life.
  6. I don’t know. I was surprised that some of my friends claimed to have
    LDs every now and then.
    [/quote]

1.How many people here have actually had lds?
uh yes
2.How many?
depends when I try wbtb, but average um 3/month
3.How stable are they? What do you use to stablize them?
not very stable, rub hands and do RCs
4.How satisfying are they?
few have been satisfying
5.How long are they?
less than 1 min
6.Did you get to do what you wanted?
increase lucidity and vividness is rare success so far
7.How much of the population of the world actually understand how to invoke lds?
don’t know, 15%?

This is a great topic…

1. I have. Took me less than two weeks (after seeking them) to have my first.

2. Somewhere between 30 and 40, since 8/02 (when I started keeping a record/journal)

3. The most recent, gained through WILD (my first experience with it) wasn’t very stable. The ones I have naturally in the night are more and more stable each time I have one. The more I find myself in the dream state the more I can prolong and control the dream.

4. Incredibly satisfying. The entire day after waking up is that much better, it’s a great feeling of accomplishment.

5. I can hold a lucid dream for over fifteen minutes now I believe. The two most recent ones I’ve had (aside from my one WILD) I could swear were a half hour or more. I almost ran out of things to do.

6. For the most part, yes. My ultimate goal is to pull creativity from the dream state. I have a comedy website (robotfrank.com) and a goal was to visit that website and base the next design off of what I found in the dream. I managed to do this several times. My next goal is to visit an art museum and see all the great artwork my subconsious can create, and then create it for real. The idea of being a dream artist intrigues me very much.

7. I think it’s probably <5%. Most people look at you funny if you even discuss dreams, or keep their opinion that you’re crazy to themself. I explore the mind and that makes me crazy. Funny how people are.

I have

2.How many?
Too many to count really. My dream journal is several volumes long.

Usually pretty stable. I use rubbing my hands, flying (helps me), putting my hand through a wall, and of course spinning.

I am very satisfied with my lucid dreams. They are often very intense, vivid and satisfying.

5.How long are they?
On average about 15-30 minutes and many that are 45 minutes - one hour. I had a few that I swear lasted longer than that.

Yes and no. I enjoy my dream world so much that I sometimes get caught up in the dream that I forget about experiments I wanted to do.

Well I do not have any statistics to really answer this one but, I am becoming increasingly amazed at how many people I meet that have heard of lucid dreaming. There is a growing number of sites on the internet about lucid dreaming and it has even been mentioned in a handful of tv shows and movies.

1. Me too

2. Depends how much time i got to postphone getting up from bed. If my day is scheduled, then very rarely (i got almost all my LD’s in late morning). If i allow myself to be lazy, then the chance will be very high. But you can check out my signature.

3. Averagely stable, i think. If i start to lose my dream, i try to twirl myself to stabilize it.

4. Very. It’s only sad that i almost never have time during LD to do everything i wanted to do before LD ends.

5. Haven’t checked clock that closely.

6. Some things - yes. Some things - still waiting for another LD hoping i will accomplish them there.

7. Very low %. I think that even 1 million is too optimistic assumption.

And additional question “What i do when i have LD?”
Well, in majority of my LD’s i fly. Also i like to chat with my DC’s and to ask questions from them. Often i have some plans what to do when i wake up in LD, so mostly i try to do those things. I still would like to meet with some specific people and talk with them to see what i REALLY know about them within my mind and memory (like writers whom i have enjoyed much, certain RL friends, my dad who has passed away long time ago, etc).

1.Me :smile:
2.13 ore 14
3.The long one is werry stabel
4.Extreamly
5.depend 1 - 25 min
6.Yes but i am still a n00b so i jet:)
7.I dont know… 3 that I know :happy:

oops disregard this

I have.

2.How many?

Mmm i had lds for 20 years now.
First 10 years 5 a week and an extra one every day from wild or a midday nap. So lets say i got plenty and still do.

Stability varies.
I use verbal commands autosuggestion, association and selfhypnosis as well as rubbing my hands or making myself totally empty of thoughts.

Satisfying from enough to superb!

5.How long are they?
From 2 to 20 min.

Yes!

7.How much of the population of the world actually understand how to invoke lds?

No idea, go ask them

I have. Most people will have had at least one in their lives, whether they realised it or not.

2.How many?
2 for me. One was a bit dodgy on it, the other was pretty full-blown.

Well, as soon in my second one I said “I am dreaming!” everything became a bit of a blur, and I felt rather heavy. I just stablized it by doing another RC, and shouting out “Increase lucidity NOW!”

Well, at the time, they are most certainly fun. When you wake up however it can be very hard to recall the feelings that you felt in that dream, considering many of them would be in your sub-conscious and not in your consciousness. So you wake up saying to yourself, “Wow, that was so cool!” and then about 5-10 minutes later, “I done some pretty crazy stuff in that. Pity I forget what it felt like”. One of my observations was that it seemed as though I got a lot of rest during it, I woke up feeling fully refresed, instead of tired and drowzy.

5.How long are they?
Unless you remembered the time you started at, it can be very hard to recall.

Hey, for a first few LDs I thought I faired pretty well. :wink:

I didn’t know really where to post it, so I’ll just do it here. It’s about the last question… I came upon this:

wow seems like lots of people know about lucid dreaming :eek:
It seems like people that write down their dream get more LDs than regular people. I guess that this could be because they are more interested in dreams than regular people.

And Jeff I thought that your LDs would be longer than 20 minutes considering that you have been LDing for 20 years. Maybe they will be 40 minutes when you have been practicing for 40 years :tongue:

I have.
2.How many?
40 so far. All DILDs.
3.How stable are they? What do you use to stabilize them?
2 only were particularly stable. To stabilize, I do RC, look at my hands and spin.
Most are short, I’m stupid in there… so I feel like they are not satisfying. But there are sometimes wonderful landscape and skies, and I say in my dreams : “Waw ! How beautiful !” :grin:
5.How long are they?
Mean : 2 minutes. 2 were more than 20 minutes.
I can have decisions in my dreams. On the other hand, the result of my actions is often bizarre or disappointing. :bored:
7.How many people…
Don’t know.

For those interested in the statistics I mentioned in my previous post, here are the original articles:

“An Estimate of Lucid Dreaming Incidence” by Jayne Gackenbach

“Validation of Lucid Dreaming in School Age Children” by Deborah Armstrong-Hickey

1. Count me! :cool_laugh: Though, I think, every one had at least one, even if they don’t know much about it. I had had several before I heard about it, and so did my mother…
  2. 11 recorded… Plus about 5 I had before.
  3. Mine are very unstable. :sad: I usually go to my room, which is the most stable place, or say “Increase lucidity”. I also noticed that touching objects increases stability and realism, but I have not done it intentionally.
  4. Well, if I have a low-lucid dream, or a 3-seconds long dream, or a dream where I do something stupid, it is very disturbing. :angry: But if I have a real lucid dream… It’s cool! :cool_laugh:
  5. Not longer than 10 minutes, I think. Usually about 2 minutes, I think. If they are longer, I have enough time to lose lucidity and retrieve, but I don’t think I ever have a purely lucid dream longer than 5 minutes. I have no dream clock.
  6. When I am going to do something definite in a next lucid dream, I usually at least try to do it (though with little success). But there are so many things that I even didn’t try… My life will not be enough to do them all. :neutral:
  7. If “understand how” means some slight idea, then rather many, something like 20%, I believe. There are so many books, Internet sites and everything. But there must be not very many people who know about right techniques (not just the idea), tried them and succeeded… It depends on the place where you live. Here in Russia, the percentage must be very low, in Netherlands, for example, it can be higher… About 0.5% average, I think… I don’t know…
    6a. What I like to do in dreams… Certainly, I like flying, but I usually don’t have to do it intentionally, because all my wake-induced lucid dreams begin with flying. When I see nothing interesting to do, I just test reality checks. If I don’t know the place I got to, I try to explore and remember it… I try to summon a spirit guide or real person I know… Though nobody comes, something interesting usually happens nevertheless.

Me too!

2.How many?

1000’s

Varies from fleeting to rock solid. For me, when I enter a dream, I just need to keep calm and relaxed for dreams to stabilize. This is not that easy, as I tend to get adrenalin rushes that wake me.

I don’t think they serve me any useful service - I just think they are fascinating and enjoyable. I sometimes try to get messages from my subconcious, but usually these are cryptic, so, in that respect, then they are pretty unsatisfactory.

5.How long are they?

Seconds, minutes really. Not many have lasted over an hour.

Sometimes.

A small handful. Most people don’t even understand what they are. When you tell them it’s when you know that you are dreaming, most people say “I always know when I am dreaming!” - then they realise that they don’t and generally get confused.

Some people think it’s some kind of paranormal experience (which I absolutely don’t believe).

Some people deny that it’s possible (probably because they’re jealous!).

Isn’t that a bit of a sad view of the human race? Most people I’ve told simply say “Wow, so you can do anything? …Cool!” then lose interest.

You may find a relevant thread to continue the discussion in the Lounge. :smile:

1.yes i have them
2. about 50 in my life, ten or so this year
3. usually not stable. i tend to lose ludidity cause i dont have enough mental discipline
4.How satisfying are they? it varies, sometimes amazing, lately not so much
5.How long are they? varies, sometimes just a minute, siometimes ten or so but seems like i fade in and out
6.Did you get to do what you wanted? yes, though sometimes people would resist or things woud interfere
7.How much of the population of the world actually understand how to invoke lds? i imagine a very small percent

me :happy:
2.How many?
about 1-2 a week
I really can’t seem to stabilize my dreams that well.
Very
5.How long are they?
1-5 mins
? I don’t really have goals, I like following the plot of the ND.
7.How much of the population of the world actually understand how to invoke
not many I guess, I however have found 2 of my close friends to be freqint natural LDers. Kinda freaked me out at this point. My guess is that alot of poeple have LDs and don’t know what it is, also their low DR would help them forget.

Its too good to be true.
Its truly is too good to be true.
Its like free gas, or free money.

Jeff amazing! I know you in the forum as the “psychologist”, “i know every function of the brain and how it operates including the chemicals which take place every second of your life” :razz:

Your lucky … im yet to have my first