one month...

Yesterday marked the one month anniversery of me joining ld4all and I’ve been trying to have lucid dreams for a little bit longer than that. AND I STILL HAVEN’T HAD NOTHIN’! Ugh, it’s frustrating. I’d give anything for just a lucid moment, even if I woke up everytime I had one.

[/rambling]

congratulations on your anniversary! :cheer:

I hope you will get your first LD soon!

• drops a :smile: in the wishing well for FixingFlare *

Yes it can be frustrating… :neutral: but the golden rule of having LDs is: keep practicing and have patience. No matter how much dedication it takes, if you keep to those two principles, you will succeed one day. I know it can be hard sometimes to keep motivated, but what other option do you have? If you don’t practice anymore, you certainly won’t get a LD. And if you don’t have patience enough, you might overdo your practice and this too won’t have a good effect. Keep practicing meticulously every day without overdoing it… Perhaps you can increase the amount or depth of RCs? Or perhaps you could first work again on your dream recall, to improve it even more? Or perhaps you could strengthen your intentions of becoming lucid while practicing MILD? There surely are some things you can improve… but again, the most important thing now is that you keep practicing, and have patience. Nothing is more important in LD induction than these two! Furthermore, you may NEVER give up on this… except for a short break if you really notice you’re overdoing your practice…

Good luck!! :smile:

Thanks… don’t worry I will be trying till the end of my life if need be. But it’s really frustrating to read some of these posts of people getting lucid dreams within their first week or even first night. I was talking to a friend just the other night and I found out she was a natural. She didn’t know what they were and she thought everyone had them. Kinda sucks…

Try not to let it be so frustrating. That can only hurt and not help.
One month is actually a short time to expect to LD. I imagine it is frustrating to read of everyone’s quick success, but not everyone works this way.

How is your dream recall? do you keep a dream diary?

Yes I keep a dream journal, and I remember at least one dream when I wake up. As a general rule, the longer I lay still and not move after I wake up, the more dreams I will remember. (Slowly over time) Unfortunately I often don’t have to time to lay still for 30 minutes after waking up. And that’s usually how long I have to lay to remember everything to the capacity of my memory. (About 3 or 4 dreams)

hey man dont worry, Im fairly new to this forum

it took me 3 months to have my first LD here… and it was a very long one which was the best feeling ever, once you have one and know what it feels like, its like an instinct in your brain is triggered for when your dreaming :smile:

It took me 3 months to get my first one, then 1 month to get the next, then they came quite frequently after that (now im back at school im not having them as frequently)

but the moral is, dont worry about it, it’ll come when the time is right, try and have long sleep, then itll give you more chance of having one :smile:

happy dreaming

• Silva

it helps if you soak your mind with lots of info and stories about LDing just before you go to bed. even if you don’t have the patience to try all of the different methods out i think if your mind has been on LDing for an hour or two before bedtime each night you may stumble upon a lucid moment or two without even trying very hard.

read over some of the DD threads for inspiration.

Yeah I know, but I’m slowly losing my excitement over it and because of school I don’t have time any more to read about lucid dreaming each and every night before bed. I want to have a lucid dream so badly, but I just reading about it or telling myself all the cool things I could do in a lucid dream doesn’t get me excited about it any more.

Except yesterday… I mean I coulda sworn I was actually dreaming. My GERMAN teacher gave a lecture about dreams, which was weird. There was a typo on the lunch menu and it read Dreamsicle instead of Cremesicle. The lecture of the day in health was about sleep disorders and circadian rhythm, and clocks at school got reset from a power surge or something. Holy crap I can’t tell you how weird that was. The entire time I couldn’t convince myself enough that I wasn’t dreaming. Okay, so maybe it’s a little bit exaggerated but still…

Maybe get a habit of doing RC (like picking a nose and trying to breath) every time you see something weird IRL. And before you go to sleep convince yourself that you will do RC every time you see something weird.