Odd occurance since I ended my attempts at WILD

Alright, here’s the deal. I have been setting my alarm every day for the past three weeks to 4:00AM to attempt a WILD. The thing is, I never got a WILD any of these nights. I got to HI, SP, and HS during all of this but never had a WILD. So I more or less scrapped the whole WILD thing and set my alarm to 5:45 AM for school.

Well, Monday morning rolls around and everythings normal. I find that I have lots of extra energy and I actually got to catch the bus and I didn’t ahve to drive to school.

Next comes Tuesday. It was one of the most frigtening nights I had in the longest while. I awake in SP. I was freaked out of my mind from the HS and all I tried to do was wake my self up which in turn prolonged the encounter with SP. Well the SP goes away and I’m laying there in bed with my eyes closed. The reason I was so frightened was because I had watched a UFO/abduction special about Aliens on Monday for about 15 minutes. The first thing that came to mind was the damn show instead of SP.

So I’m laying there and it comes to me that I had SP and I just punch my self in my forehead in embarassment because I should have known it was SP right off the bat. I tell my self never to do it again and then I look at the time. It’s 4:28AM… which was odd because when ever I’d look at my clock while I WILD it would allways be around that time.

SO I go to sleep last night with out the intent to WILD or even LD for that matter. What do you know, I have SP AGAIN. Well, I didn’t try to turn it into a WILD or anything, I just had hoped for it to go away so I could get to sleep. So, it goes away and I open my eyes. I get up and do my normal morning routine.

To make a long story short, I had an FA and I actually did what I’d do when I’d normally wake up. When I woke up for real it dawned on me instantly what had happened and I punched my self in the forhead again and I swore aloud. I looked at the time and it was 4:33AM.

This is the weirdest thing, I’m not even trying to WILD yet I’m doing it almost every night after stopping it. Well, I’m not doing WILD but I’m definatly having WINDs(wake induced normal dreams). I’m going to go to sleep tonight and I will report my events tomorrow first thing I can.

Is this normal?

Sounds like you got used to waking up at that time and so your mind keeps “waking up” while your body is asleep.

This is a remix version of the CAT method. Now where’s that link… do i forum search :wink:

I am curious as to why you did not want to turn your SP into a WILD.

The reason I didn’t turn the SP into a WILD is because this past week I’ve been swamped with homework. I mean swamped, like I am backlogged with about 5 hours worth of homework and I just can’t do it right now, I’m going to start Saturday morning and see how I do.

That night I just was incredibly stressed out. I ended up missing school because I had food poisoning.

No SP last night but something much more freaky in my opinion. I have something logged in my DD that I have no freaking memory of writing down and when I read it I get no memories triggered.

Here’s a DIRECT quote from my DD.

I have no clue what the hell this is supposed to mean but when I looked at my DD about an hour ago it was there. Is this normal?

im curious too…does your forehead hurt!!! :bored:

Don’t worry this is no big deal. I have had similar things happen to me.

I remember a time when I woke up and picked up my DJ to record the dreams I remembered when I was shocked to see a 3 word entry was already there. Apparently I woke up in the night but just did not remember it. However, that 3 word entry did help me remember another dream.

We all have moments where we wake up during the night and don’t remember them. It happens to almost all of us every night. These brief awakenings are often just a few seconds.

So don’t worry about it. It is normal. It’s just too bad you can’t remember the dream though.