Scientifical explanation?

I want to tell some of my friends about lucid dreaming. But the problem is: if they don’t believe me, what will they think about me?

Thus, I ask if anyone know about links or books where lucid dreaming is explained scientifically, so I can show them.

Thanks. :smile:

Read up about Stephen Laberge he is the docter from sleep research that proved that lucid dreaming is for real.
Because ppl in rem sleep can still control there eye muscles and so where able to give signs!

Use the link below to give you some info about it all!

Click link here!

Yes tell them about Stephen LaBerge. His proof of LDing was in fact his doctoral thesis if I remember correctly.
The eye experiments Jeff mentioned were incredible clues of LDing: a LDer had the task to move his eyes in a certain pattern (like when you’re seeing a tennis game) when he becomes lucid during the next dream. LaBerge then measured these eye signals on the EOG in his laboratory. And yes, when the LDer was in REM sleep, LaBerge noticed a string of very symmetrical eye movements. This was the proof he needed, because the LDer did exactly what he had to do in his dream.

i dont know why your friends wouldnt believe,

dreams occur, thats a fact,
so if your aware that your dreaming that your dreaming (which is what we call a lucid dream), how is it impossible?

maybe ask your friends to show you proof as to why its not possible, if they dont believe,

-stranger

thing that is impossible for me is why we are not aware of dreaming when we dream. It is strange not know we’re dreaming in fact. But what is it all about becoming lucid, only REALY IMPORTANT THING in being lucid is being in control, and you know it is not real. So when you know it is not real it can not hurt you what ever happen.
IRL we are not in control, so for the free will topic.

i was kind of afraid of that with some of my friends too, but i told them anyway, and most of them said something like “oh yeah, i’ve had dreams like that before.” And then i just feel stupid for thinking they would think im stupid. I even got one of my friends to start LDing :smile:

I would first tell them about dreaming in general… get the converstion going around that - cause everyone has had a dream they can remember so it isn’t a very new experience they have to get their head around. Then bring up the topic about controling your dreams… like wouldn’t it be cool if you could…??? You will be surprised at how many people have had a spontaneous LD.