Imagination dream?

This morning I was imagining something and after a while the people in the dream where doing stuff on their own and I wasn’t controlling them. I started thinking if it was a dream or not while it happened. I wasn’t quite as vivid as a dream but a bit more vivid than normal imagination. And I don’t think there was that much color in it. Then after a while I fell asleep. This also happened about a week ago. It was like I wasn’t really in it, but I don’t think it was HI either :bored: :help:

I’m not sure if I correctly understand you…but if that happens, perform a RC.

I’m nor sure I understand it correctly myself :tongue: But I did know that it was all in my head. The question is if I was:

1. Dreaming
  2. Imagining and my brain was part in controll
  3. HI
  4. Whatever :eh:
  5. I’m running out of options :bored:
  6. :help:
  7. Has this happened to anyone else?
    :sleep:

What you describe makes me think about the state of a LD when it begins to fade just before waking up. Always a dream, but no more “solid” as it was before… something like a see-through dream.

Heh… this is really odd. I was gonna start the same topic. This morning I woke up… but i was still vey tired and my mind was far away… I think i woke up directly form a dream.

Anyway, atfer a short while i thought to my self that I was imagining things. My thought was very clear on this: It was just me imaginiting stuff. It wasn’t real, nor a dream… And I was in a combat (war, like Vietnam - jungle warfare) and i thought to myself:"Hey, what is this? it’s not a dream, it’s just my imagination! (It was VERY vivid though - colors, sound, etc ) I really thougt “I’m in a war… But I know it isn’t real”. And the next thing I remember is me, thinking: “I have to try to control this”. Then I tried to control this fantasy; I tried to make things change, but although things changed it didn’t change how I wanted it to.

Then I woke up… It all lasted for a few second… like 20 perhaps.

When I “woke up” I was very sure it was just something in my imagination, but now that I’m writing this, Im not that sure any more.

Uh… That’s what was so strange: I was so sure it was not, a dream, just my imagination. Now I realise I’m not so sure anymore though. I’ve never had such imaginativities (?) before…

This really seems like a transition in WILD. When you start to hear and see images of a dream that is not actually just you sending messages to your eyes (don’t know what that would be called, but I’m sure it has a name).

From the way you described it, it seems I have had the same thing happen a few times. Can’t say how often though. I remember dreams very well, but I have a lot of trouble waking up and I seem to forget stuff around time of waking.

I think just knowing about lucid dreams can make something like this seem more powerful. Knowing that it might be a different way through the lucid door. Try to replicate your sleep pattern or something. And what you ate. That is my only idea to investigate it more.

i get that too, minus the part about not controlling people
but then again learning to control things is a skill in lucid land

This morning, I was doing WBTB. After a very short while, I saw a face who was talking in front of me. It was not a dream : the face was not “solid”, I didn’t hear what was said : it was just a speaking face in the void. It looked very like HI but lasted about twenty seconds and could move. Not very vivid indeed. Then it disappeared. Other long-lasting imaginations came after that and disappeared too.
Once, I could see relations between one of them and phosphenes : I saw a river between trees. They were reflexions of the sun on it. Then I lost the landscape and only saw phosphenes : they were drawing a large band of light in the down corner of field of my vision. When I focused on this band, the landscape appeared again. It was like the river was created from a part of the phosphenes field.
I supposed all this were thoughts (visual thoughts wandering on my consciousness field). I wondered what were more formulated thoughts. I noticed that they were voices indeed.

Is this experience similar to yours, JaRod ?
Downward~spiral must be right : it must be something like a transition in WILD, a state between thoughts and dreams.

I’m not exactly sure Basilus, I fell asleep during both of them so I can’t remember it that well :sad: It was different than HI so I don’t think that’s what it was. I’m starting to think that it was just me imagining and that my brain took over parts of the imagination and I realised this and I didn’t fall asleep right away. It was a bit like daydreaming, but I didn’t loose it when I realised that it was all in my head.

This could be how I induce dreams without knowing how I do it. Because I fall asleep while thinking about it and I go directly into REM and my thoughts continue like a dream. This morning I had 3 dreams that where in the same place and I woke up between each dream. And each time I was thinking about the previous dream when I fell asleep.