i hope this wasnt a mistake

I would not worry about it sounds like a great paper to me. :cool: Good luck with it. If your teacher gives you a hard time tell him/her to come visit this site and we will set him/her straight. :smile:

LOL okay that’s encouraging. Hopefully my teacher will react the same…

If your teacher does give you a low mark ask that s/he remarks it and looks into Lucid Dreaming if s/he is unsure of what it is.

You were told to write your goals, LDing is one of them. If your teacher looks into it s/he will appreciate how difficult it can be. I see no reason why you might get a low/bad mark for that :smile:

At first, congrats of being bold and being yourself.

Secondly, who gives a poopie what your teacher thinks. It’s you and you have been honest and right about your goals. If he/she doesn’t understand it, then it’s not your problem. Be what you are! :content:

Reminds me of this research paper I did on the morality of Atheists. Earlier in the course we had a debate over abortion and someone mentioned that Atheists had no morals because they had no spiritual rules to follow. To make the story short, I was really nervous that people were going to get pissed off at me, and that my teacher might not like the idea and give me a bad grade.

I mentioned all sorts of interesting facts about how over 90% of the inmates in prison in the United States where Christians. How countries that don’t have organized religion in mass such as Japan has not even 1/10000 the ammount of homicides that the United States has.

I’m sure this didn’t make them happy, but the lack of Q & A basicly protected me from any harassment. I don’t think I got a good grade on it, but it was mainly because I am not good at writing at all. I try to practice a lot more now. Not sure if it has payed off at all.

it’s good to force yourself into “mistakes” like that… it helps you build confidence and overcome ego-defense mechanisms.

like when you want to do something but you think “no” you should do it anyway… and NOT REGRET it

like my teacher said something stupid about abu-ghraib and so i impulsively sent her an “informative” email … and i regretted it but then i was like “no man, you did what you felt like you should do, you were being confident, even if it was stupid it’s good you got yourself to do that”

and the more you do that the less influence you will be by what other people think or want from you.

er… that assignment is probably with a focus on your writing skills rather than whether your goals in life are the “right” ones :smile:

No need to worry unless your teacher is insane or something like that.

When I started LDing some years ago it even took some time until I told my brother. After some time I realized that most people don’t think that you are crazy when you talk to them about LDs. I decided that I don’t care about the few people who do anyways, so I did a little speech about LDing in front of my class at school and it was fine.
So, don’t worry :smile:

tapir

You have to remember that teachers are looking for things like punctuation, grammar, spelling and how well you put your research together. They drool over topics that are different. The fact that you are concerned about how he/she will take it says that you will undoubtedly do extremely well on articulating your goal. And your teacher will be all smiles.

I’d like to know how you do.

Well, it’s been a week or two and I still haven’t gotten the assignment back. I’ll tell you how I did when I get it back…

hmm a fair while then, is this a good sign or a bad sign.

It doesnt seem like a mistake to me at all. Lucid dreaming does sound like it iS a part of u and u did the right thing by being yourself and writing about it. If your teacher has never heard of LDing, it will ceratinly be interesting to c their reaction to what it actually is…as my teacher did hehe.

Good luck w/ the essay anywho :content:

I just got my essay back today… 100%!!!

Unfortunately my teacher didn’t make any notes or comments about lucid dreaming and doesn’t seem interested in the least.

:cheer: :clap: :thumbs: Nice Job!!

Your teacher probably doesn’t know enough to ask any questions and might be intimidated to ask. So :no: for her/him.

Bet you your teach has been trying to LD at night though, :content:

Hehe. Bet they read the words backwards to avoid being poisoned by their young people’s “stupid ideas”. :tongue:

Thats great FixingFlare! :happy: :cheer: Congrats ^_~

Congrats!
I did a project on LD’ing on my English class and also got ~100%. Let the good news (about lds) spread! :smile:

:partying_face: That is Wonderful Pav!!! Did your teacher make any comments on the subject?

:cheer:

well, she talked about that like about an interesting, but strange topic; although I think that it was my English [as a foreign language - I’m from Poland] speaking skills that mattered more… :eh:

If I would have known about lucid dreaming sooner. I would have done a project or two on it. I don’t really do research projects or essays anymore though. All I have is math and programming classes. Oh well. Maybe I will do my own independent study.