General Beginner Question

Most of my dreams consist of short snippets, and I can only remember parts of it when I wake. While i’m dreaming, it’s as if i’m watching everything from third person. I never really feel anything and the only sense I experience is sight and occasional sound.

Is this just a remembrance problem that will eventually go away as I get better?

Also, as you get better at remembering/lucidity, can you feel objects/textures and such?

Just curious,thanks!

yes, your dream recall should improve over time with practice.
A great way to improve your recall is to dedicate yourself to a dream diary. You will find that forcing yourself to put these “snippets” into words will help your brain flood with more memories from that moment. Record your snippets … no matter how seemingly insignificant.

I love to feel textures in dreams! It’s one of my favorite things to do! :happy: I like to just examine my dream enviroment, and feel the textures that are recreated there.

Too improve you’re recall, repeat your self ‘I will remember my dreams’ in you head whilst going to sleep.

And, like DA suggested, keep a DJ.

Feelign textures in dreams… yes. You’ll get the occasional vivid ND where you feal that sort of thing. but in LD’s, all you have to do is touch it and consider what it feels like.

I felt a large number of texttures in LD’s, including:

My hair
The floor
Walls
Stones
My pillow (not my real one)

It’s a matter of recall. And it will go away if you are patient for a few more days (probably).

Dreams are certainly more than just snippets of third person scenes (althought sometimes dreams are only third person or only snippets). But it is not vital to survival to remember your dreams after they’re done. It’s more like a program that the brain has to run in order to work but the result of the program is less important.

Unless you want to explore the dream world consciously, which i take it you are :smile: