A couple of Newbie questions.

I’ve been reading the forum for about a week, but there is soooo much info it is difficult to find some specifics. So I figured I would just ask a couple of newbie questions.

Once you begin having intentional lucid dreams, does it get easier to have further lucid dreams? Are the lucid dreams easier to attain and do they come with more frequency?

Is lucid dreaming like riding a bike, you never forget how to do it? Or, does it fade if you discontinue using the techniques? If you come back to it, is it like starting over new?

Thanks.

Hey, and welcome to the lucid dreaming :happy:

Basically yes, because techniques that start to work for you make it easier to have LD-s as you improve in them. But you can still sometimes experience certain dry periods for certain reasons. But the rule is: the more you improve in LDing and using techniques that work for you, the easier it gets.

I have not yet had long periods where i have not done with LDing. But i believe that it’s the same with biking. Remember, that if you know how to ride the bike, but haven’t practiced it for a years (like me), it would take a certain time to get into the same level where you were when you rode the bike in regular basis.

1. Yes. as not only does your brain get mroe used to have LD’s, but you’ll end up refining your techs too.

2. You’ll forget. Look at my sig - I stopped practicing for a while, and the amount of LD’s I had per month dropped radically. If you start practicing again (like I am), you’ll find it comes back to you faster than if you were starting from scratch.

Hope that helps :smile:.

Thanks for the information. That’s exactly what I wanted to hear.