a dream memory in a dream?!

I had a dream and in the dream i was sitting in the back of my mom’s car and then i remembered a trip i had with my mom, grandma cousin and brother. I had to sit in front by myself while everyone sat in back and my brother and cousin got bigger seats. apparantly no one drove?! I was just thinking how weird it is to have a dream memory in a dream… freaky.

Did you actually have this dream that you remembered from inside your current dream, or do you mean that in the current dream you fabricated a memory that you never actually experienced?

I mean in the dream i had a memory that happened not in real life but took place in a different dream. so, it actually happened in dream world on a different occasion and i remembered it in this dream.

I hope that clerifys

Yeah, something like that happened to me a few times. I think that somehow it’s easier to rememeber dreams while in a dream. Maybe because it’s the same state of consciousness.

One night I had many false awakenings in which I wrote some dreams in the notepad next to my bed. In one of these false awakenings I looked at the notepad and the stuff that I wrote in earlier awakenings disappeared! :eek: I was confused at first, but then realised that I was dreaming. When I woke up (for real) there was nothing written on the notepad.

There is a paradox with dream memories in dreams. How can you be sure it’s a true memory of an old dream, or a false memory ? Hmmm… same problem IRL, indeed… :confused:

That’s happened to me a few times as well. It’s a wierd feeling to wake up and try to remember if the memory you just dreamt actually happened or if it all really was a dream.

My dream memory was actually i real dream i had… well as i write this i start to doubt my sureness. Maybe i created a fake dream memory from inside my dream… ow my head hurts

I just had this happen to me last night. There was an item in my dream. I looked at it and remembered seeing it before. But the item doesn’t exist in RL it existed in a previous dream that I had many months ago.

This happens quite a lot for me. It’s usually that I dream that I write down my dreams and when I wake up I realise that it was only a dream :ack: But atleas it’s more easy for me to remember previous dreams in dreams, I only wish that I could write it down IRL while I’m doing it in the dream :tongue:

I wonder if you can have a flash back in a dream and relive it and then hmm i dont know i was just thinking how deep this stuff could go like a mirror reflecint another mirror…