Problems with driving cars

I’ve got a lot of dreams when i’m trying to drive cars too (b4 i even tried IRL). I never manage to have any control over the car neither…

Wonder why…maybe seen too much car chases on tv :tongue:

Yea I’m actually going through the same series of dreams right now too. I thought I was the only one having dreams like this. Its not a constantly persistent dream, but everytime that I dream about cars in any way, something doesn’t work right and usually its the brakes.

I think even in one of those dreams, the brakes wouldn’t work and I was heading right for a solid wall so I bailed out like GTA style. I got up and just watched my car roll into the wall and blow up. I never thought I’d be so happy to see my car in the driveway that morning after waking up :content: .

The only problem with a cars that I have found in my dreams are that the speedometer indicator bends if I accelerate fast :tongue:

hahaha :content: I once ha da dream that when I accelerated, The speedometer screemed at me :happy:

My cars drive themselves. If I consciously wonder why or how a car can drive itself then it goes out of a control, and I end up diving from the back seat to control it.

This sounds just like a dream sign. Like a light switch that does not work or electronics that malfunction.

When it comes to cars in dreams, my cars work sometimes. But probably about 50% of the dreams I have that involve cars have very wreckless driving included in them.

For the longest time I never thought much about wreckless driving in my dreams, but then the last time it happened about a month ago, I used it as a dream sign and I became lucid.

It seems that when cars wreck in my dreams. There is not really any damage at all. But sometimes minor damage appears. I think the reason for this is playing games like Grand Theft Auto III. My perception of what a wrecked car should look like might be altered because of what my brain remembers seeing in a video game.

I know it wasn’t the original topic, but just thought I would add in a little extra thoughts.

I forgot to write about something that used to happen when I was driving a car of a bus or something in dreams. I always seemed to drive into a ditch and wake up just before the crash :help: but that doesn’t seem to happed that often anymore :cool:

Ive had dreams of driving since very young and it was always a terrifying experience because I do not know how to drive IRL. The accelerator always was floored and the brakes would rarely work, Id be on a twisty road or a main motorway - just scary for a young kid to go through lol

• Silva

I used to have dreams where the brake wouldn’t work. Don’t recall problems with accelerator or steering though. But then I found the solution, it was due to flawed/incomplete expectations or how conscious I was of cause-effect. In this case, I would press the brake and think:
Slow Down.
Now, the problem was, the car would slow down, keep slowing down, but never stop.

Once I realized this, I changed what I expected to happen when pressing the brake:
Slow Down and Stop.

After that, the brakes worked fine in dreams (hurray for no more crashing dreams!). Now I subconsciously correct many flaws in my dream world, like walls are a lot more solid than they used to be, and I can make any mechanical or electronic device work by concentrating on what I expect it to do.

In my normal dreams the car always work fine. However, I often either get lost, the roads are weird, or there will be some unusual weather. I once had a dream where I was driving through something that looked like a winter wonder land.

argh…i had another car dream tonight along with other disturbing dreams…very disturbing(lets just say skulls being shattered are involved) =/

anyway, blake, i will try that out.

You’re lucky Milod ! In mine, the car has no brakes, or goes back very quickly, etc.
I suppose it’s because dream garagemen are not very proficient. :grin: :tongue:
Or because, like in the joke, Microsoft builds all the dream car engines, and General Motors produces dream PC operating systems. :happy:

Seriously, I noticed that ND car problems are related with RL career/social life problems. No brakes = no more control on events. Going back in a car = going back in your life. It doesn’t mean it’s true, it means it’s the feeling you have now about your life situation and your possilibities to complete your social goals.

I used to have this dream quite often a few years ago. My dreams always seemed to involve driving some exotic car, or a car that I really wanted. I would drive and be happy, then the brakes would fade. I’ve never managed to crash a car in my dream. I should try crashing next time. I believe I had this problem in my dreams because of the car I drove at the time. The car at the time, an 88 RX-7, had poor brakes. I actually managed to get them to fade IRL. Maybe my dream was telling me to get them fixed/upgraded. :smile:

I experience the same problems, this is probably my most frequent reoccuring dream. it’s not that the brakes dont work however, i just have no control over the car. it’s like im driving drunk or something (which i never do IRL of course), I’m just reckless and i hit into things. if i throw the car in reverse i’ll whip it around and smash into another car. or if im on a highway ill skim all the cars going in the opposite direction, taking off the mirrors and whatnot. i tried to tell myself that next time i cannot control my vehicle i must be dreaming. hasn’t worked yet.

heh, i actually got another dream with cardriving problem last night :neutral:

while i was driving on a straigt road i suddenly lost control over the car and skid up to the sidewalk. Luckely i didnt collide into something so i could continue driving. But obviously my handbrake broke so i couldn’t get my car to stand still when i parked it. :grrr:

When i woke up i was happy that it was just a dream. :content:

I only started learning how to drive two weeks ago, but afew daysago I had a dream in which I was driving my friend’s car. The gas pedal was extremely sensible in a sense that any light touch would cause the car to accerlerate rapidly, and the brake pedal also makes the car accelerates! It was really scary.

:rofl: :lmao: Sorry, I’m sure its horrifying but that “the brake would also make the car accelerate” just cracked me up. I was thinking Oh no, hes going to fast and the brakes won’t break, bu then you just blew me away and went from bad to worse.

The only car/driving dreams was like when I was four. I would be driving in a jeep (my family never owned a jeep) and then all of the sudden the entire windsheild turned into live a tv screen and I just watched it and randomly moved the wheel, lol…

:grin: It was horrifying at the time but when I woke up I thought it was really funny :content:

haha, recently i asked one of my friends about the problems with driving a car and she completely empthasized with me :grin: .

She said that in one of her dreams, her car had three pedals and neither of them were the brakes :gni: .

Im going to ask more of my friends and see what their reactions are :smile:

Recently, I said :

I ask about car problems dreams to my parents. Both are retired. Both told me they have no more car problems dreams since they are in retirement.