FLD / ULD explanation

After years of experiencing FLD / ULD I came to the conclusion that there are two independent modules in ourselfs that must be together in the highest possible degree to experience what we call a Lucid Dream.

LUCIDITY + MEMORY = LD

A part of our memories is always “uploaded” in our dreams, in different degrees, as lucidity is also achieved in different degrees. If we became lucid by using RC for example, that means that this part of the memory was sucsesfully uploaded to the dream allowing us to become lucid, but If the rest of the memory isnt present in the LD, you will be in fact LUCID with your usual powers but you will be like an stranger to yourself because what makes YOU up is the summary of all your memories; you will not do what you planned to do in IRL because that part of your memory will be missing. Acheiving lucidity might be a big effort that without our memory it can be useless.

So IMO a FLD / ULD is a dream were you are LUCID but not enough of your memory is present in the moment.

or, you have been thinking about lucid dreams all day and when you get to sleep you just dream about having a lucid dream without realising what is actually going on, like in most of our dreams

Why make this complicated theory when you could simply say you weren’t lucid?

I agree with guruguru, It explains a lot of the FLD i recenhtly had, I know im dreaming, but I dont remember anything about RCs or other abilities I need to test in a dream.

(shameles DJ promotion)

you can check many some examples of FLD in my DJ:

https://ld4all.com/forum/?https://community.ld4all.com/t/fears-ld-and-nd-journey-part-2/11639/1

Must be a confusion, Vhalnyr. In ULD / FLD, you don’t know you are dreaming ( if I can correctly read the hint :wink: )

According to the FLD / ULD definition in the hint, I would say the opposite : you have the memory (as you act like a LDer), but not the lucidity.

r3m0te:

because the point is we were lucid indeed, but without memory :tongue:

Basilus West:

This is the definitions in the site of FLD / ULD:

FLD = False Lucid Dream - you are NOT realizing that you’re dreaming but still you act like a lucid dreamer and do everything you want to do - you have the behaviour of a lucid dreamer, not the consciousness. (DutchThor)
alternative definition: FLD = False Lucid Dream - you fall asleep in a normal dream and you become lucid. You could be very lucid but still you think that the guy which fell asleep in the normal dream is the “real”, waking you (BrainHacker)

In the first definition it says “you are NOT realizing that you’re dreaming…” so I understand from this that you are not LUCID, but in the second definition it says "…you become lucid. You could be very lucid but… " so from here I understand that in fact you are LUCID but something is wrong or missing.
I like more the second definition but I wrote this explanation because I thought it was more accurate than both definitions.

Vhalnyr: I see you understande me :good:

Those two FLDs are completely different things, only with the same letters.

r3m0te:

are you talking about the definitions?, because if you do, read carefully the words in bold and most important the underlined part:

FLD = False Lucid Dream - you are NOT realizing that you’re dreaming but still you act like a lucid dreamer and do everything you want to do - you have the behaviour of a lucid dreamer, not the consciousness. (DutchThor)
alternative definition: FLD = False Lucid Dream - you fall asleep in a normal dream and you become lucid. You could be very lucid but still you think that the guy which fell asleep in the normal dream is the “real”, waking you (BrainHacker)

they are supposed to talk about the same thing.

sigh do they look like the same thing? They’re completely different. They just happen to have been given the same acronym and name by two different people.

Whoever put them together with the words “alternate definition” are… well, mistaken.

Is that you? :tongue:

r3m0te

LOL, nop wasnt me but in fact they are a bit contradictorious
Chek in the dictionary of acronyms
https://community.ld4all.com/t/what-are-all-those-acronyms-ld-rc-nd-fa-etc/21605

A False Lucid Dream must be something which :

1. looks like a Lucid Dream,
  2. but is not a Lucid Dream.
    So, as both are dreams, a FLD must look like lucid, but it must be non-lucid. Any other definition sounds very confusing.

Guruguru, Vhalnyr, if you were lucid but didn’t remember of dream abilities, was your experience somewhat like Siiw describes in this topic ?
[url]Will vs. impulse in LDs]

I’m still unsure as to whether my last LD was one of those or not. I only remembered about it like half a day later (surely unusual for an LD?) and can hardly remember anything at all.

Basilus West: I have read the post and I found this interesting comentary Jeff has made

Jeff wrote:

thats maybe the scientific aproach of why most of the time we have acces only to a part of memory but as Ev wrote also in the other post:

Ev wrote:

it has to be a matter of practice an will.

Waw ! Thx Guruguru ! I didn’t read all the posts ! Ed’s idea is great. Just have to call the intent to remember what we planed to do : simple but effective ! :cool_laugh:

Okay, based on what I’ve read in this thread I have a question for you guys. I’m not quite sure if it has to do with what you’re saying but would like some feed back.

There are times when I’m dreaming that I just like to watch my dream as if it were a movie. Everything goes on as if I wasn’t there. It used to bother me but now I kind of just sit back and enjoy it. Sometimes, I freeze the movie (dream) and walk around the characters. It’s especially weird to look at myself. I don’t ever look like I do now.

Is this something similar to what you’re saying FLD/ULD?

You had control, but were you lucid? Did you know it was a dream? If not, it’d be FLD according to the first definition.

I had control. Usually it’s as if I’m in a dome and the whole thing is a movie screen. I can zoom in on things and just stop them and step into the dream.

… you don’t seem to understand what r3m0t is telling you. so I’ll say it, but in different words…

Lets see now, there’s a FLD (act like an LD) and the second defintion FLD (fall asleep in an ND, and become lucid in next).

r3m0t is trying to say that they are TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THINGS. Unfortunatly, we messed up and gave them the same name.

So, from this point on I’ll refer to the first defination as FLD, and the second as MLD (meta-lucid-dream).

An FLD is ND in which you have powers. this comes from thinking about what you’d like to do in an LD during day time. This memory finds its way into your (normal) dreams, and you end up with those powers - but with out knowing your dreaming.

A MLD is a ND, in which you go to sleep (basically the oposite of an FA then). You then enter another dream, in which you realise that your dreaming and become lucid. However, you still believe that the you in the first ND is the real you.

You’re basing your theory on an incorrect asumption. being lucid is know that your dreaming (after all, lucid means ‘aware’). If you possess powers, but don’t remember that your dreaming (so you don’t know your dreaming) you don’t have lucidity. Full stop :wink:.

If you know you’re dreaming, it’s a LD. If you don’t… I don’t know what it is. :grin: In a FLD, it seems that memories of your recent LDs plays a role, since you act like if you were in a LD.
But in your case, do you practise this type of control often in your LDs ? If not, it can’t be memories of LDs which influence your dream. Then I would say it’s a kind of pre-lucid dream (like most of flight dreams and dreams about dream). In the way you describe it, you seems to be more aware than in normal dreams. You can use it to become fully lucid.

• Scroll down carefully on this one. :smile:

In a recent FLD i had i was acting like i was lucid, but not really. I would say ‘if this was a dream this would happen’ and then it happened, i saw this each time but never critically thought about it. I was with a DC and it was like we were in a shared dream and i was showing her what i could do if it was a dream. I dont know, it was weird.

But, something that just came to mind was the fact that in this last one (though i dont know if it really falls under FLD) i remember that everything was successful. I havent had too many FLD’s (at least that come to mind now) and so i ask:

plz answer below question for yourself before reading next paragraph so as to avoid false data
In your FLD’s are your lucid-powers more successful than in your LD’s?

IF this is the case, think of the implications. :grin: Like consciousness inhibits the success of our lucid powers. Possibly through our conditioning that in normal consciousness our material surroundings act according to IRL laws. And/or the ‘try too hard = fail’ phenomena (which i believe to be existent) may be linked to consciousness and willpower effecting success-rate? Of course, i need to return to earth, way ahead of myself. :tongue: