any recommendations on books for learning about the chakras?

Hi folks,

I hope this is the correct place to post. If not then I ask please for the moderator to put it in the correct part of the forum.

I am thinking of getting a book, but I don’t know where to look and am looking for some recommendations.
The book I am looking for is one that explains everything that you can find on the chakras, well not everything as that will be huge, but I am looking for a hard back book with about 180-300 pages with full colour and highly detailed big pictures which is to do with the chakras, and how to apply it to energies like the Chi in Tai Chi and with details on Taoism and Buddhists and the Indian theory of chakras, as well as the Buddhists theory of chakras and also the Dan tiens and tan tiens which is what the Chinese believe hold all the chi in when you practice tas chi, also I would like the book to explain how to mediate and give some exercises on it, and also have chakra charts telling you about the main chakras and all the meridians and energy points and also to go into detail and talk about the spiritual side of the chakras and how you can use them for healing and so I would like a book with all this knowledge rolled into one book, does anyone the best book I can get any recommendations?

Please help

Thank you

Heya Honeyjigga,

I’ve got one good book on chakras. Is about 450 pages long and it goes into a lot of detail. However it is not hard covered and the pictures are black and white. It is a great read tho. Maybe look for it on the net and see what you think. She has also written others books on chakras. Maybe worth a try.

Wheels of life - A user’s guide to the chakra system. Anodea Judith.Ph.D.

Peace Sensi

Hi sensi,

Thank you for the info, i just checked that book out, it seems good but it does not have colour photos, which is what i am after and it has a bit of a spirtual start, i was hoping for a book which has a spirtual side but also has a section on scientfic findings about chakras. So does anybody else have any recommendations?

see ya

I have another book from Anodea Judith: Eastern Body, Western Mind - psychology and the Chakra system as a Path to the Self. It’s 502 pages long, but paperback. No color pics however, but it’s a great read!

Try also the books of Mantak Chia about the Microcosmic Orbit, which is a cycle of chi circulation along acupuncture meridians and through chakras. He teaches techs and correlates it with human physiology. A good start is Awaken Healing Energy Through The Tao. Again… no color pics…

If you want good sites, with color pics:

nettally.com/krivera/textmap.html
kheper.net/topics/chakras/index.html
rickrichards.com/chakras/Chakras1a.html --> the BEST chakra site on the net!
Awesome chakra art: satorivision.com/chakra.html

good color pics and scientific side:

barbara brennan’s books.

they are healing oriented but have good color pics and explanation about the chackra’s and the human energy field.

it’s not hardback though.

hands of light

light emerging