Need WILD tips.

I have been practicing WILD. I can get sleep paralysis quite easily, although I sometimes have trouble resisting the strong urge to move that happens after about 20 minutes or so. But, when I get SP, I have trouble falling asleep from it. I have only managed to fall asleep once out of it, and I just fell asleep normally and had a normal dream. I have never seen any hypnagogic imagery, either. What am I supposed to do to fall asleep conciously?

ive actually never experienced SP…but i do have a good tech for you to use, that I use. ill write it out briefly…

1. Go to sleep with an alarm set to about 5-6 hours after you fall asleep.
  2. Wake up.
  3. Get up to get some water or something. Just get up.
  4. After you are somewhat awake, go back to your bed and get in your sleeping position. Relax yourself.
  5. Now, follow the MILD procedure, that is, intend to have a Lucid Dream and repeat that in your head.
  6. Once the intention is set, it is time for WILD.
  7. [I’ll explain the counting method] Start counting to 100 in this syntax: “1, I am dreaming, 2, I am dreaming, 3, ect…”. Keep counting, and while counting, tell yourself that once you reach 100, you will perform a Reality Check [I use the pinch nose RC].
  8. So, count to 100, perform your RC, and most of the time, you are dreaming! If not, then count to 100 or even a higher number again, starting from 0. If 3 times fail, just give it up and go to sleep normally.

I use this tech and almost every time I do, I have a lucid dream. It is pretty good because if the WILD doesn’t succeed, the MILD will backup for it. So your doubling your chances. Also, about getting up and getting out of your bed…that is up to you. If you think you will succeed better if you wake up for only like 1 minute and go to bed, then do that. SO yeah…hope this helped you!!!

Forgot to put this in… If you don’t like the technique that I listed, try the “Big WILD Topic” There is like 12 parts…and that should help you too. Good luck!

Thanks, I’ll have to try that.

I’m currently trying bendrummins method, except without waking up. I’m an exceptionally deep sleeper, so deep even alarms don’t wake me, and i fall asleep quickly, so I do it before I go asleep for the first time. No success yet, but I know I’m getting somewhere with it.

Where can I find this method?
I am also a deep sleeper, and I sleep through my alarm. But, I don’t fall asleep very quickly.

Bendrummins method is the second post in this thread.:wink:

Oh ya, I feel stupid.

Coming soon to an ld4all near you: a WILD guide.

for detailed info about the techniques (it’s in the mosta part summary of ld4all members’ experiences) go to r3m0t’s wikibook - see my sig

i like that method, bendrummin58, im gonna have to try that tonight.

hey, i’d have to say that works out well. went lucid twice last night. ty