Nova dreamer alernative: VIBRATING WATCH

I had recently and idea for an alternative device to the nova dreamer, it is a device that you put in your hand like a watch or under your watch and it vibrates with programable intervals reminding you to make a RC during the whole day, so when you are dreaming hopfully you will feel the vibration and make an RC in the dream also. Of course it wouldn’t know when you are in the REM state but it could be programated to vibrate in interavls. I have no idea of electronics. do you think is a good idea?, would it be possible and easy to build? what do you think?

I don’t think it’s very easy to build it yourself, so unless you do it for the fun of it I’d rather look for something to buy. There are vibrating wrist-watches, all sorts of vibrating alarm-clocks for debt people and, of course, vibrating mobile phones.
Don’t spent too much money, though.

good luck
tapir

p.s:
If you do a search you’ll find some other topics about this

that’s a cool idea. It’d be very technical though.

I googled it and found this
Building it yourself sounds tricky, if you’re not in to electronics

I don’t think it would be that difficult. Just get a vibrating watch that allows for multiple settings.

yep i have one of em…

its called vibralite 3

hearmore.com/store/prodView. … &idstore=1

check it out, i think its just what your lookin for plus probably more

Building one isn’t that hard, but it will be very large if you build one. And those vibration motors use a lot of current so you would most likely have to replace the batteries every few days or so depending on the motor you use. It would be better to buy one instead of making one in my opinion. And I guess those ready make watches use better and smaller motors that those you can buy.

Thank you guys!, I didnt know there were vibrating watches! thats great, thank you for the info. I will be looking were can I get a cheap one here in Brussels. I also thought about using a mobile phone vibrating battery If someone has still an idea for building it ourselves cheaper than the commercial watches.

brumans: have you used your watch for achieving LDs?, if yes what were the results? I am very curious!

Those vibrating watches let me set them to every 90 minutes? How handy. Hahaha. No.

Anyway, I would expect (sorry to damage any placebo effect here) that a vibrating watch will always wake you up. But whatever.

r3m0te:

In fact I think you can do it. These are the specifications of the vibralite 3

• Vibration Alarm - (auto-shutoff after approx. 20 sec.)
• Auto Repeat Countdown Timer - Will automatically reload to preset countdown time. Can be set for seconds, minutes and hours. Use for reminders.
• Electro-Luminescent Back Light with Auto ON option
• Two Alarm Settings
• Water Resistant (30 Meters)

so you just set the timer to 90 min and it will repeat endlessly
Another matter is how long the battery will last!

r3mote:

that deponds on if you are a deep sleeper or not but anyway it worth to try IMO.

yep… you can let it go off every 90 minutes.

I actually was having it go off every 45 minutes threwout the day to do reality checks… the battery seems like it lasts a long time, i have had it for a couple months and havent had to replace it yet.

And i havent really tried it to induce a lucid dream, i probably should, and i probably will soon.