Post Election Support Group

I know hardly anything about Kerry, but I think I would vote him anyway if I could. Democracy at it’s best… :neutral:

Kerry is a remarkable debater.

When you consider the material he has to work with, it sounds like Mission Impossible. He repeatedly says he is better than Bush because he’ll be able to sell other countries into joining the war. On the other hand, he has to attack the war, so he repeatedly calls the war a distraction, the wrong war, a colossal error. If he really is going to sell the war, he’d better be as good of a salesman as he is a debater. “Bush screwed it up, Iraq is a hellhole, so come on in and join us!”

Another thing Kerry had to do was explain that Iraq was a mistake but that he’d be able to lead the troops in Iraq. In other words, he has to convince the American troops that they should keep putting their lives on the line for a mistake. Not an easy task…

Also, Kerry had to defend his quote that anyone who believes Saddam isn’t a threat doesn’t have the capacity to be president–AND explain why Saddam wasn’t really a threat. Kerry did this well, I think, by saying that although Saddam was a threat, he wasn’t the main target: Bin Laden was. On the other hand, Bin Laden has probably been dead for awhile.

Now in spite of all these disadvantages, Kerry kept calm and confident the entire debate, while Bush seemed to grow increasingly uncomfortable. I don’t think that’s something you can teach, I believe Kerry is a natural debater.

did fox news really say that? Because the washington post says most americans think kerry won and that he has risen in the polls, or something like that.

even my fairly conservative parents think kerry handled himself better in the debates.

Ok now don’t quote me on this but from the polls it was something like 54% thought kerry won, 42% thought bush won and the rest dont know or dont care. Atleast thats what I got from watching fox.

I still say both did pretty good. If you think one clearly won and the other sucked chances are you are biased and would think the same thing no matter what either one said.

Yes they did. This was right after the debate. One of the commentators said at best it was a draw.

Of course the next day they changed their tune somewhat. Who is the flip flopper now?

Anyway, according to the latest news Kerry and Bush are in a statistical tie. I think after the next debate Kerry will pull further ahead.

From the transcript of the 1st debate, remember this Bush lie at closing statement:

all-volunteer!!! what a laugh! He says this when sss.gov has “strategic goals” to assure just the opposite!!
It has been reforming in the last 4 years! and it’s not in a direction to be all volunteer!

Proposal’s have been passed through the pentagon about:

• moving the draft age from 25 to 34!
  • draft women
  • draft college students

I also heard of a change in border control so people could not escape to Canada like they did in Vietnam, and rich people can’t save their child with money. I doubt Bush himself could even dodge this.

The only vote Bush gets from me is one for being a flip flop.

Look at the scary bills being passed around during the Bush years.
Search for bill #s
SB 89
HR 163
thomas.loc.gov/home/thomas.html

hollings.senate.gov/~hollings/ma … 27636.html

They are scary. It seems to allow the president to have sole decision of how to form, operate, select and choose how many people for a draft. Along with the above listed worries.

How can Bush assure that our military will turn all volunteer at a time like this!! He’s lying to get into office because people are shocked to hear attempts to draft women.

Gah, Bush reallly needs to get a thesaurus. I think Kerry won because he handled himself a lot better.

Wah?! Bush is winning in this poll??? The only person here who seemed Bushy was Alric. Show yourselves Bushies!

oh no, … I fear the 2000 elections all over again.

Has anyone heard about how Jeb Bush hasn’t done jack doodlely about the voting system in Florida? … although he promised improvments after the 2000 election chaos. eck!

Hows the government work in Netherlands? Is there like… a King of Holland? Adorned with a crown of pot, prostitutes and wooden shoes?

Yes. I know what you are talking about, but the one thing that has yet to be touched on is the word volunteer. For the sake of argument lets assume there is no intention of a draft and instead lets look at the word volunteer for a moment.

Most of the people who enlist (volunteer) for the armed services are people who are poor, have had little or no educational opportunities, and in general have a bleak outlook for their future. Along come the (pick your service) recruiters who tell you they have a way out. We will provide for all your needs, pay you money, and provide for your education. Oh, let’s not forget their favorite line “You’ll get to travel around the world”(like you are booking a cruse). So for many the options are: Poverty on one hand or 3 hots and a cot along with free education plus travel with the armed services. What choice would you make? Volunteer! I think not.

All I can say if Bush wins this year with no reelection to worry about ( for those that don’t know in the US a President can only hold office for 2 terms.). I just might move to Canada or the Netherlands. 4 more years of Bush scares the @#$% out of me.

Looks like the ld4all poll is dead even right now.

Thats not true. There are many opportunities in the armed services for educated people. You also don’t have to be poor to take advantage of the other stuff they offer.

Clearly some of the jobs are worse than others but I wouldn’t bash the entire armed services. You just don’t want to join the army and be on the ground in iraq, atleast if you want a safe job. Some people really do like their job in the army though, and are more than willing to risk their life.

I watched the first party of Bush vs Kerry debate…

you konw what? When I watched bush… I AM FREAKY SO TIRED OF HIS UNCLEAR SAYINGS!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Kerry seems so confident and more direct to the point! I’m going to vote for Kerry cuz I hate Bush already… and I hate how bush tries to put us to sleep by repeating everything. THat’s what he does… as if he’s trying to hide something! Totally stupid eh?

Kerry… yup… definitely am going for him! I want something different!

P.S. I seriously would kill the tv when it comes to the final result of voting if bush wins again. :cry: :cry: :cry:

then I would just get outttttta here!!! :sad: I even consider moving to Canada in the future or something if USA gets even more corrupted! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

sorry i’ll shut up… :neutral:

wow Dm7, from earlier chats with you it seens you are on a killing spree!! :gni: We are going to have to lock you away in the LD4all loooooony bin! :lmao:

lol neo :lol:

well actually we have a Queen and a parlement (sp). The Queen is more of a symbol but she does have some influence on the parliament (don’t know what atm :grin:

We have elections every 4 years and then the parlament is formed. Unfortunately we cannot chose our prime minister directly :meh:

long long story to explain.

we have a LD4all loony bin? :cool_laugh: Let me in! :grin: :crazy: :mrgreen:

:yes: I sectioned off a corner once I seen the demand. :mrgreen: I have a feeling it’s going to quickly be over-populated. :eh: At the moment it’s less like a looney bin and more like a padded cell.

oh yeah, I guess to remain on topic I’ll show you my George Bush impression … :notify:

I share the same feeling about this w/ DM7!! It would be a totally terrible thing if bush got reelected >_<

Me too, but sadly I’m worried it’s going that direction. :neutral:

I’m afraid Bush will win again, and Blair will win too next year, due to the weakness of the opponents. People want to know how the critics of Bush and Blair will deal with terrorism and as long as they don’t have a clear alternative, people will vote for the folks in power. I’ve read the transcript of the debate, and to me Kerry didn’t do a bad job but I’m not sure if it’s enough. I hope he’ll crush his opponent in the next debates, I’m afraid he’ll need that to win the elections. Otherwise we’ll have to wait until 2008, when Hillary Clinton will become president :wink:

I unfortunatelly ahve to admit that its true. bush DOes have a (sLiGhtlY)higher amout of votes than Mr. Kerry >< >< >< >< >< >< >_<