So glad I found this site!

Well, I didn’t so much find it as someone linked it to me.

I’ve been having these dreams for years and years, but whenever I would try to explain them to family or friends they would shrug it off and possibly not believe me at all. :confused:

I first started having partial lucid dreams when I was in first school. I think I was around 5-8 years old. I used to really hate school and I used to have dreams where my school was a prison and all my friends and I were prisoners.

The school looked different and sinister and had a huge metal fence with barbed-wire running around it’s perimiter. I had this recurring dream for ages, until one day I was having the dream and me and a few friends were talking about how to escape. They were suggesting the usual things like tunneling, stealing keys, etc
But all I could think about was flying, I said this to them and they laughed saying something like ‘Ha you’re dreaming mate’ As a way to say it wasn’t possible. But when they said it something suddenly hit me, and I started looking around and wondering why everything was like this. I had this really strong feeling that I could do it anyway, so I ran towards the fence and slowly jumped.

Too my delight I was floating though the air higher than the fence, eventually coming down on a road outside my school. I felt free and happy, I was just running down the road jumping and floating :content:
Now, That wasn’t a proper lucid dream from what I’ve read on the site in the past 20 mins. But it was the start of a really long series of dreams spanning until a few years ago, when I finaly achived my goal of full flight!

As a grew up I used to have regular dreams where I’d suddenly stop what I was doing in the middle of the dream and try to fly. I got better as time went on, eventually being able to kinda suspend myself in mid-air for a few seconds before floating back down to earth.
A few years ago, I was having a really long dream about some fantasy world where I was battling some evil guys or other. Anyway, Me and my band got separated in the castle while trying to escape, I went up and they went down. I ran up one of those narrow spiralling staircases and got out onto the roof of the castle.
I could hear guards coming up after me as I was looking out over this green environment, complete with a big lake, when they got up to the top I just sort of decided to fly. So I jumped head first off this huge caste, zooming down when I sort of arched my back and put my arms near my body but with my palms facing the same way as my feet (up at the time)

I pulled up out of the dive and started rising into the air, as I did this it was like I was pushing some sort of energy out of my feet in order to propel myself. It was the most exhilarating feeling, it still makes me smile today to think about it.

But like I said, whenever I tried to tell people about it they either shrugged me off or didn’t believe me. Thankfully earlier I was talking about dreams on another forum and someone linked this site as well as saying something about lucid dreaming. When I was reading, all the things in the intro, what, etc totally fit with what happened in my dreams even that exact part about flying by pushing energy out of your feet.

I’ve also had a few other lucid dreams where I realised I was dreaming and was able to control aspects of the dream. My thoery at the time was that just before you wake your conscious mind sort of merges with your sub-conscious letting you control dreams for a brief period.
But after reading this it seems like the reason they only lasted such a short time was because I was so excited at being able to control my dream.

:tongue:

[edit] Ohh btw, I’d never even heard of a lucid dream until a few hours ago. Also I’d never been able to find anyone else that has done it either.

Why do you think it wasn’t a “proper” lucid dream? I think it was.

There are some things you can do to prolong your lucid dreams, especially if you find them “fading”. Follow the linky.

There are some ideas for your lucid dreams there too.

Well, the reason I thought it wasn’t a proper lucid dream is because I only remember feeling like the world wasn’t right and that I could do things I couldn’t normally do.

Unlike this other dream I had, where I was on a train but the train was on the road going by my school. I could see the football (soccer) pitch and people playing football, I was stood up looking out of the window from the far side of the train, as in I wasn’t next to it.

I can’t really remember what sparked me, if anything did but suddenly I just realised I was in a dream and it wasn’t real. It was like getting hit in the face with a wet flannel (best way I can think to describe it) I just knew I could do anything in this world, because it was my creation, the feeling of power was overwhelming and I got really excited. then a few seconds later I woke up :sad:

I was totally gutted, but that was the first time I can remember actually KNOWING, not thinking or being pretty sure, but knowing I was looking at a world that my own mind had created. That’s why I would love to know how to do it, rather than it just happening at random.
Though I don’t think I’d want to control every dream, just a few now and then would do me.

Hey and welcome :grin:

Good that you have some experiences with LD’s even before. As you read more about LDing you will most probably start to have LDs more frequently. And your bonus is that you actually already know what the LD looks like.

Thanks, it’s really great to actually find out that it isn’t just me having these dreams. my rational mind told me that other people must be having them as well, but I just couldn’t find anyone else.

Thank god (figure of speech) for the internet.

Either that, or we are all mentally insane.

Heh, either is good for me as long as I can have these dreams again sometime. Though thankfully I have quite a firm grasp on reality, or at least I like to think so :wink:

Happy dreaming all :smile:

P.S I’m going to start attempting a few of these techniques tonight, I don’t expect instant results, but that’s ok. The mind is a complicated thing. Plus, the fact that I’ve already experienced what it’s like to realise i’m dreaming should help somewhat.

Finding this site, and infomation on lucid dreaming has been a great pleasure, I feel like I’m getting in touch with something I knew as a child, but have lost touch with as I got older.

Maybe because you are! :tongue:

When I found ld4all.com at first I thought it’s some sort of joke, like bonsai kittens (sorry Q :tongue: ) I started to believe in LD’s after seeing the forum - you know, ~1000 people can’t lie all at once! :wink: now that I think about that, I don’t know why I didn’t believe… now the LD’ing concept seems obvious!

After my first LD I also thought it wasn’t “proper”. It was a great feeling, but I was feeling that there is much more to LD’ing. Well, I was partly right, but now I think that there is no proper or improper LD - it can have lower or higher level of control, lucidity etc. - but it’s still a Lucid Dream.