Post Election Support Group

Alric wrote:

The government does way more than just tax people. And by enlisting in the service that doesn’t take anyone out of poverty. The government also restricts services and discontinues them. Those same services would assist those living in poverty to get a chance and get out of it. The choices that are made are for their benefit not really for that of the “people”.

Right now as far as the debate goes Kerry handled himself very well and bush looked to be unfocused and baffled. But neither of them actually brought up what the plan for Iraq is. We keep sending soldiers over and now they are starting to call people back into active duty that have been out for 10 years. If they don’t pull our soldiers out of Iraq in 6 months guess what, there’s going to be a draft. How else will the USA be able to do anything. George W. messed up with that war. Now that country has absolutely no order. Women/girls are being raped, kidnapped and killed every day.

I mean everyone wants to eradicate all possible threat to the US and it’s allies. But come one, If we can’t keep our own back yard clean why the hell are we cleaning up someone else’s. Especially when they like the disarry they live in.

I’m confused as to why Kerry is seen as the flip flopper. The only reason people think that is because bush’s propaganda forces it into your heads, because the polls told him that voters see him as more confident and decisive. Bwahaha this movie cracks me up:
clickums

Anyway, theres not gonna be a draft, so don’t get too stressed outl
-It wouldn’t pass in congress, and if it did there would be riots
-the people who introduced the bill, and who are backing it, are liberal (i think its just to scare people into voting for kerry)

after all, fear is the best way to control people
hitler knew it, bush knows it
kerry knows it too…
dun dun dunnnnnn
This is an interesting read
but he does get my vote, i’m on the “anyone but bush 2004” campaign

First I did in fact read the site. Unfortunately I found many of the “59 deceits in Fahrenheit 911" to be erroneous. Some I believe to be false as a matter of fact and others just can’t be proved either way. I applied a healthy skepticism to Michael mores movie considering (as I stated above)the fact that he is a person with an agenda. I only took from the movie the things that I found to be credible. I suggest you apply the same healthy skepticism to that site. If you honestly do so, I think you will see the “59 deceits” is no great bastion of truth.

Well as I said above I did read it. I read it when it was first posted. Have you seen seen Mores movie?

Well you are distorting what I said. I have not bashed the government about this. We live in the wealthiest country in the world and I beleive everyone should have more choices open to them. That is all I am saying. Nothing more and nothing less. I am simply saying that we can and should do better than we are.

Actually I think it was really just to make a point. Kind of like a protest vote. Noone expected it to pass. In fact it did not pass it was voted on and defeated yesterday.

That Reminds me of the Bush v Clinton race. Back then many people said they would vote for Micky Mouse over Bush.

So whens the 2nd part of the debate? :eh:

Tonight, 7 p.m. ET! :smile:

Regarding the military issue, it may be true that there are even more people in poverty than those reported by the U.S. government. However, the numbers enlisted in the military are concrete. The more poor people there are, the smaller percentage of them are in the military. This undercuts the notion that if you’re poor you have to go into the military. If instead of 3% of the poor being in the military, maybe it’s 2%. Regardless, more than 9 out of 10 people seem to get along without joining up. Like I said, if it’s even possible to have a military that is purely voluntary, we’ve got it in the United States.

Of course, to completely eliminate financial motives for joining the army, we would have to pay our soldiers nothing. That wouldn’t be right, would it?

That is actually not quite true. That was the hole point behind the military draft bill that was defeated earlier this week. It is why they did it. Many congressional leaders felt that it was unfair that the majority of the people fighting in Iraq right now are either poor or minority troops. They wanted to bring this issue up before us for debate. Of course even the people who supported or sponsored the bill did not vote for it. They never intended to bring back the draft. They just wanted to raise public awareness about this issue. Unfortunately do to the recent hurricanes, the debates and other world events, the bill did not get the expected press coverage.

Anyway back th the debate:

The second presidential debate will start in about 10 minutes.

If you are voting in the upcoming election. Please go check out factcheck.org and do not listen to one bit of commercials supporting either canidate, no matter who you are for. Both are just as misleading and both stretch things quite a bit.

That aside. I think Kerry would make a better president. I admit that I am sick of Bush, and I don’t even like him. But if I felt he would make a better president, I would support him.

One thing that I notice is that Bush throws blame of a lot of current problems at the senate. He never throws the blame at the house, or his administration. He fails to communicate that if any problems have arised even with voting, that it is due to the Republicans. Republicans are the majority of the house and senate, but that fact has been very over looked.

Well round 2 of the presidential debates are over and to be honest I am a little disappointed. Don’t get me wrong. Both candidates did very well. Though I do not agree with his views, Bush greatly improved his performance this round. Bush did loose his temper once and argued with the moderator to reply to comment Kerry made. Throughout the debate both went on the attack and scored some good points on each other. However, when all is said and done neither came out on top as a clear winner. In the final analysis I am not sure this debate will change the minds of anyone who is not already commitid one way or the other.

The third and final debate is next Wednesday.

i didnt watch the debate. fox is biased.
it doesent matter though, the president has little power.
the power is where the money is.
we’re running out of oil.
you know, fossil fuels.
oil = money.
in a capitalistic society, it’s inevetible that those with money will be making the real decisions.
your best bet now is to kill your tv and lay low so when they reinstate the draft you can move to canada without a hassle.

I think your biased.

Same is true for police and firefighters, but they’re both voluntary. I wouldn’t want to draft for those positions either.

Anyway, I watched the second debate and was impressed by Bush’s improved performance. He didn’t knock Kerry out the way Kerry knocked Bush out in the first debate, but Bush still clearly won. I flipped through all of the channels to see how the pundits were reacting immediately after the debate. All of the Republicans seemed very pleased with themselves, and all of the Democrats looked depressed.

Kerry really could have used a win here. I think a lot of people were expecting him to win, especially considering his last debate and the fact that so much of this was centered on domestic issues. If Kerry won both the first and second debates by a good margin, he would be elected. He failed this time. However, the race is still open and the third debate could decide things.

Did Bush cheat? Is he stupid enough to have somebody else to do the work for him?

We were talking about that in mirc with TOmas, etc…

Here are two links that you might want to check out… if that’s true… we need to expose Bush.

nyc.indymedia.org/newswire/displ … /index.php

Other reason to vote for kerry. :razz:

jcnot4me.com/Items/spoofs/th … monkey.htm

lol yeah i have seen that monkey-bush picture before. :happy:

Found other site… “Bush Must Go”… interesting to read though. :happy: jcnot4me.com/Items/Misc%20To … h_Must_Go_

Edited: I found Bush’s and Kerry’s record of military site…
news.findlaw.com/legalnews/lit/e … /docs.html

You’ll find that kerry has recieved way more of metals/special recognizations than Bush. Indeed, a interesting and important fact.

Edited again: bellaciao.org/en/article.php3?id_article=3564 practical explaination for that box shown on bush’s back. But, you never know… bush is known to be stupid… no offenses to pro-bush people >_<

Edited again and again: answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=403594 Interesting… it’s about a guy paid $20 for his question about bush wearing a earpiece… a lot of researching is dovated to this.

Well that is true however we don’t force police and firefighters to keep their jobs if they want to quit. In the “all volunteer service” you enlist for a specified period of time. When that time expires you are allowed to quit if you want or you can re-enlist. At least that is the way it is supposed to work. However, right not soldiers who want to quit whin their tour is up are being forced to re-enlist. :sad:

I don’t want people to continue to misunderstand me. I have made several attempts to make my position clear. I have no problem with people joining the armed service to improve their situation, attain a better education etc. I would just like people to have more options open to them.

I disagree. As I said above Bush did greatly improved his performance. I think both did very well but not great. However, I think both were just speaking to their base. If you support Bush and his views then you would think he won. The same goes for Kerry’s performance. I don’t think either changed the minds of many voters with this debate.

Anyway this is off topic but, I have seen a few news reports that the Prime Minister of Australia is expected to loose re-election because of his support for the war. If his opponent wins he has pledged to pull his troops out of Iraq. If there are any Australians here, Is this true? If it is I think that is very telling. If even Australia won’t stay with us it shows how we are truly losing respect of our closest allies.

Not really off topic because this may influence the presidential campaign, another country leaving the “coalition of the willing” would be bad news for Bush. But John Howard has actually won the election and has begun his fourth term as Prime Minister.

Another thing that may have an influence: the Afghan elections. All opposition candidates refuse to accept the results. It’s quite a chaos. You cannot make a country democratic in a few years. I’m afraid we’ll see the same results in Iraq (if not worse).

i’m voting nader or libertarian unless kerry has a chance of carrying the state of Oklahoma, which he doesn’t …

in my COLLEGE class today people were saying we’d see more terrorism if Kerry was elected and were saying they’d start a militia and stuff

the milita might be a joke but it’s saddening really… Kerry’s no prime candidate but … GOD… did you hear what he said about abortion in the 2nd debate? He was masterful… he clearly showed that he has religious convictions but he will NOT under any circumstances try to legislate them… that he will stand by the constitution… and he explained in REAL WORLD terms why he thought that parental notification was bad, as in the case of a daughter being raped by her dad and trying to get an abortion, and how it needs to be done by a JUIDICIAL REVIEW…

and all Bush says… in reponse is WELL YOU VOTED AGAINST IT!

the man is a fucking idiot who must be color blind… there is more to life than BLACK AND WHITE and anyone that likes Bush’s … you know… subpar moral reasoning, on par with maybe a 6 year old… really scares me…

we do not need black and white in this world… nothing is ever that simple… a leader might sometimes have to take a black and white stance, but we desperately need ones that sees all the world’s colors, and I am confident Kerry will… better than Bush… and thusly any laws he will draft will reflect … you know… commonsense… not black and white mentality.

How can people say he’d be a worse leader than Bush? I can understand being uncertain of what he’ll do with the war but he’s a better speaker, he seems a bit smarter… he is not funded by AS MANY evil corporations as Bush… he valus the DAMNED CONSTITUTION! (which Bush doesn’t, he wants to segregate gay people… SEPERATE BUT EQUAL IS UNCONSTITUTIONAL AND WAS RULED SO A LONG TIME AGO) … he wouldn’t be an arrogant cock to the world and would respect their opinions more.

you need a leader that will act if action is needed, but he needs to make the right actions and decisions… and he needs to do so in such a way as to try not to make the situation worse (the war in Iraq created more terror than it destroyed, I can almost guarantee it… and it made the world hate us so badly… big wrong move being arrogant and rushy in Bush’s book)

you know, this man, Bush, he has the world’s unwavering support in the wake of 9/11 and in just one year he throws it all away… America could have been a respected (out of sympathy and sorrow) nation again… nope… Bush flushes it down the toilet.

You know… but people think Kerry would be a horrible leader… I disagree… he wont’ be much different than Bush, first of all, and second he wont’ try to legislate religious agendas (which many people seem to think is good) and probably won’t compromise our liberties as much.

but I’m voting Nader or Libertarian unless Kerry is close to Bush in the Oklahoma polls.

HolyReality- I think you just brought up an important point. It seems that one of the main differences between Bush and Kerry (and Republicans and Democrats for the most part) is that Bush sees things in Black and white while Kerry and most democrats understand how complex things really are. This might also explain how Bush is still in, and may even be winning, the polls right now- the common people, or anyone not very Knowledgeable about politics for that matter, can better understand the black and white policies of Bush than Kerry’s more elaborate and possibly confusing arguments. In my opinion, Kerry won the second debate because his logic was stronger, but Bush appeared stronger because he was better able to drive home his black and white ideas. Maybe Kerry should stoop to Bush’s level- there are many points of attack against Bush.

Thats what they both do, attack each other all day long. One of the biggests problems I have with kerry is that he never talks about his positions and he wont explain his record. Bush can get away with it a little more because most people know a lot more about him.