after-images and visualization

I’ve been trying to improve my visualization skills using the methods in EWLD, and I’m having some troubles. When I go to the steps where I need to observe the after-images, I don’t see anything. There will be a slight outline of the object but only after looking very hard, and most of what I see is completely unrelated to what I was actually looking at. Am I doing something wrong or should I just stick with it? Is there a better way to do this?

I cannot find a place in EWLD where working with afterimages is described… But I don’ think they help much. What you see after looking at an object, is not an imprint in your mind, but just an imprint in your retina, it is fresh for a shortest moment, and then it fades away. To tell the truth, I hate visualizations. It seems, that I can imagine anything, when my eyes are open, but when I try to see it falling asleep, the darkness is overcoming… So I am the last person to talk about visualizations. But I would advise just trying to imagine a picture on an empty sheet of paper. Running the pen a millimeter above the paper and imagining it leaves a trace. Though I even don’t know if it has something to do with meditative visualization of the whole object. :shy:

The visualization exercises are in the appendix of EWLD. Even though you didn’t help much, thanks for being the only person to respond…