A question- success in pausing time in LDs

Hey all, im new to these forums and to the idea of lucidity which I learned a couple of days back, since then I have been keeping a dream journal and have been recording 3 dreams per night, now I plan on having a long ld, when I say long I mean pausing real world time as I heard is possible on an internet faq, some guy having a 100 year dream in which 2 mins passed in the real world?

Now my question is, have any of you had any success in pausing time?

Welcome to LD4all :wave:

Do you have a URL to that internet FAQ that says it’s possible?
I don’t doubt it, but it seems like there is a surge of interest in Rip Van Winkle type dreams. :confused: I see a lot of people discussing this recently, and I’m curious who has successfully done this.

I’ve not tried it, and I’m sure it’s possible but not to such an extreme extent as 100 years.

I think you’re talking about the Lars’ Lucid Draming FAQ. I don’t like it, because the ideas and “methods” mentioned there are not checked, without any proof or simply not true, while being described as facts. [If you want information you can trust, go to the wikibook, which is based mainly on our experiences, or to the Lucidity Institute’s FAQ, which is effect of scientific research done by LaBerge.]

As for extending time in dreams - the real time of a dream is always one REM period, and it can be extended by “movie shortcuts”, as seen in movies - the boring or unimportant parts are simply skipped. So you could perceive something like “Years passed…” and think that it’s really 100 years later :wink:

I agree with you. This guy posts each week a FAQ on alt.lucid.dreams which is absolutely not related with the forum content. And when people try to contact him about what he wrotte, he never replies. :crazy:

About extended time dreams, I think it’s possible. Have a look on CarbonCopy’s strange ND. It’s told there :
[url]The most intense and insane dream I've ever had (non-lucid)]
This dream looked like it lasted 2 weeks. But has pav says, it’s like in a movie : you can have flashbacks, jump cuts, but with false memories, so it seems to be real.

Anyway the question is : it’s possible in a ND, but what about in LD ? I know it’s possible in LD to stop time, or time travel or make a loop in dream time, etc. But I never had such an “extended time experience” in LD. :sad: