The BIG WILD Topic - Part XII

i have been trying WILD for… a while now, and ive never managed to get it to work, even staying with my body asleep and my mind concious for around 2 hours… Its never worked, not once. It seems to me like i have a problem with switching from my real body to my “dream” body or something. I have no trouble concentrating or relaxing, i just dont know where to go from where im at. The farthest ive ever gotten was basically entering REM (or i think that was what it was), because my eyes were vibrating like crazy. Another thing, I dream in color but i dont see colored HI when attempting WILD. Any help would be appreciated. I will attempt again tonight with any techniques i read.

This is the part that is hard for people to understand. In simple words you are thinking too much. You want to get to the point where you can let go of all your thoughts except what you are focusing on. (Not sure what you use) Lets use visualization of a symbol as an example. You want to first visualize the symbol. Once you can see the symbol now drop your consciousness even more to where you are aware of the symbol but not thinking about it. From there you don’t “do” anything. Things will happen all on their own. It is important to stay passive. Thoughts, emotions or attempts to enter a dream in my experience take too much thought and there fore keep you awake.

Happy dreaming :smile:

hmm that might have been my problem all along… thx
EDIT:
Ok i need sum help! Ive never actually tried any techniques for WILD, just remained concious while going to sleep. Never gets me anywhere…
Milod789: when you say “symbol” what do you mean? Can you give me a link?

I tried my first ever WILD last night. I counted to 100, but felt myself falling asleep at about 67. Once I counted to 100, I done an RC and was awake. I closed my eyes and fell asleep almost immediately.

Did I do the right thing by counting to 100 then opening my eyes? Or should I have visualised something like stairs as well?

thanks for posting this – i haven’t had a LD in awhile but just yesterday morning i had one via WILD where (though i didn’t plan this) i jumped through a glass door and then felt very vividly the sensation of walking upstairs lucidly & that helped me enter into it. :happy: i appreciate the idea!

e

There is only one kind of HI I can wild from, and that is if i am lucky enough to see a road or a path. Does anybody know how to make a certain HI appear?

My dreams have been playing tricks on me lately.

I have been trying to do WILD, and I end up dreaming about doing WILD and I experience HI in the dream.

It’s so elusive, because the feeling of being in bed is unmistakable, so I think I’m awake being aware of the WILD imagery, and really it’s just a dream!

What really should have given it away was that I was doing physically impossible things while ‘dreaming about WILD’; I was rocking side to side on my bed as if there was no gravity or friction.

hmm…hopefully next time I can catch this.

hmm so far I have only got WILD to work twice (in one night) i have not been able to remember my dreams or even have low lucidity (when I do dream) ever since my long LD.I have not been stressed, I have been useing the counting method for exactly one month now. It was good good then awesome now its been bad for the past week and a half.

What yall think? Should I continue my WILD (counting method) or what? lately its been keeping me awake, even when I use WBTB it keeps me awake. It used to work and now it does not :cry: :cry: :cry: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

Sometimes, i’m in bed getting to sleep. I’m not tired as hell or anything, but ready for sleep. I start thinking abotu scenarios of my own life, like middle school graduation. when i do, i recount everything that happens and im so immersed in the thoughts. i can actually think of someone screamin, “hey mr. kuster” and they do. But of course when this is happening, i think its just having a vivid imagination. but back to me: i envision myself walking or something, and then , without me making it up, i might trip on something, like a stairway, in my thoughts, and my body would JERK like it really happened. Then, i’d feel really calm and kind of scared by the sudden movement. What is this? Is this WILDING sans hypnagogic imagery, or what? If i had kept going without body movemnt would this have been a dream??? hmmm

That jerk is a pain. I usually fall through the ground or through my bed. When the thoughts are no longer consciously made up by you, you are on the way to fall asleep.

I found that I some times get board with some techniques. I will use one WILD technique then, I get board with it and it does not work so well anymore. What I do is switch around my techniques when one stops working. I think your idea of changing techniques is a good one. Just change to a different WILD tech.

I’ve found a tech that seems to be working for me. I focus on my breathing and/or try to stay awake so that I can WILD. So far I’ve fallen asleep every time but it seems to be acting as a MILD because I seem to either realise that I have SP later and then I open my eyes and I’m in a dream. This SP could very well be only dream SP, but it’s happened to me 7-8 times so far. Or I suddenly realise that I’m dreaming for no reason what so ever.

If I manage to stay awake until I start hearing “popping” sounds in my ears (it feels like it’s my eardrumms that are popping). I seem to have more than 50% chance of getting a LD. And today I realised that I don’t even have to do WBTB for it to work either. All my LDs the last 2 weeks have been from this tech, well more or less anyway.

Welldone Jarod :wink:

I tried to have a WILD yesterday but kept getting uncomfortable and in the end rolled over and fell asleep. Later I partially woke up, didn’t open my eyes and felt tingling all over me especially in my head like I was about to pass out. I noticed two of my fingers move by themselves. I still wasn’t completly in SP though. Maybe I was a bit too aware of what was happening. I then dreamt of myself being aware of my sleeping body which kept changing position on it’s own and felt very weird.

You where very close there whispa :cool_laugh: Next time try focusing on what you can see. At first you will most likely only see black but after a while (1-20 sec or so) you will start seeing something and then “zoom into” or let the HI flow around you and you are in a LD :content: Anyway that’s usually how it works for me.

It took quite a few tries before I got this tech to work properly. The first times I mostly just faded out again. If I try to WILD when going to sleep at night I still just fade out :sad: but sooner or later I will WILD when I go to sleep at night :cool:

I have had a few WILDs, about 3 using the counting method, and the rest by not moving at all after waking up from a dream, and then ‘pushing’ myself out of bed when I hear a buzzing sound. Only once I got HI and I entered it, and that was the coolest, but I didn’t mean for it to happen, it just did. so I’m trying to have another WILD like that, this time at will.

Yesterday I woke up about 4:00 a.m. I just let my mind drift. I started seeing a computer screen, but i didn’t know that it was HI. Then I thought:“hey, how can I see this if my eyes are closed?” and that caused the image to disappear, and I just snapped back awake. The question is: is what i’m doing right, or should the HI form while I’m conscious?

It happened again last night. I just let my mind wander, then I noticed that I could see through my eyelids, as if I had my eyes wide open! but I wasn’t conscious of the formation of that image, suddenly I became aware of it, and it went away real quick after that. how can I maintain these images?

Just read something about the WILD method. I always use the method when i say to myself “U are gonna dream lucid, u can controll it”. And sometimes it works. But then i tried wild for the first time. Didnt know what to do. I just read that i should “relax and breathe”. And so i did, Soon everything went dark. Some strange faces started to pop up, some kinda scary. But i just watched it all. Then my body went all “dead”. I tried to “sink with the flow” or something. Felt like my whole body was pulled down. Then i heard a extremly high “POFF” (yekes). The poff sound waked me up agian. So after that i went to sleep :cool: going to try again today, some tips ? :happy:

If you knew that poff sound is a sound of progress you probably would have been happy you heard it. Its a hypnogogic sound and they are usually easy to ignore… atleast for myself

Hello,
Yesterday i tryed a WILD again for the first time in months and i everytime i got the same problem…i’ll explain:

A half year ago i was busy with “Astral Projection” on mysticweb.org, they had some exercises in which you where concentrating on your heart, mantra, or suneye. These days i know that astral projection doesn’t excist and that it’s actually a WILD what you are doing.
allthough that doesn’t matter here in my story :tongue:
I did this exercise where i had to concentrate on my heart, ok, well i wasn’t very good at it so i never had any succes till i woke up in the middle of the night. I’d red somewhere that when you wake up during the night and you try a WILD you chance of succes is much bigger! So i went to the bathroom and when i layd in my bed again i tryed a WILD. In first case i didn’t notice anything, but after a few minutes i felt like i was much heavier and as if the gravity was HUGE! I managed to stay focussed and suddenly i heared something in my head, like wind blowing or something. Soon the noise became so huge that it sounded like a train rushing through my head. After a minute or something i got so scared of it because it wouldn’t go away that i opened my eyes and stopped the exercise.

I have talked with Jeff about this and he told me about the speed of doing this exercise and that because of that the sideeffects can be so big and scary, but what i Don’t know is how to take this on easy and how to be not afraid of it, because when i try the whole exercise i just can’t concentrate because i’m kinda scared of it allthough i really really want it!!

i hope someone had got some good advice for me…
thnx!