don't you hate lucid awakenings?

[color=red][mod] Split from “let’s play LD4all survivor!” [/mod][/color]

ah yes, the Lucid Awakening!

Its almost as annoying as a string of FAs

Once when I needed to get up early I became lucid and I was guessing though the number of dreams that I recalled that it should be about 4am, about the time I should get up, so i attempt to get super excited so I would wake up. Got a FA, 'cause everytime I wake up I preform a RC i became lucid, once again I attempted to become excited and had another FA, became lucid… etc etc, about 5-6 times.
Near the end I was sobbing thinking that I had entered into a coma and that I was attempting to fool myself into thinking that had woken up because I couldn’t really.
At the end I summoned some of my high level DC friends and together we got me out :confused:
I missed the appointment :confused:

i wish I had more false awakenings. that means more LDs!

Almost?!
One FA is annoying, but a string of FAs is quite a cool thing to experience. This weird shock when you get up and the realize that you are still dreaming is quite a unique feeling. I like it… on the other hand, I also like nightmares. Just cause it’s so intensive and trippy.

Lucid awakenings on the other hand, I just hate them. Happens to me quite often, and I always feel disappointed when I get up. Ok, better a LA than nothing at all, but still…

tapir

Huh, I didn’t know this thing has a standard name… But if it is called lucid awakening, I HATE lucid awakenings! :angry: I have had four recently… And I don’t want to have any more.
Or do you mean the case when fading out itself causes you to realize you had been dreaming? I mean a slightly different thing, when you notice something strange and think about it, and as soon your thought reaches the realization, you find yourself woken up… As if you are woken with the fact of getting lucidity… Not excitement or something like that, that is often written about, but the act of thinking itself.
By the way, once I was able to pull myself back into the dream after such awakening… but only once. Maybe, that’s because I’ve been mad on RC these days. I do them every time I wake up, and - just in case - after these LA, too…

Dear Tapir,

You are weird.

With Respects, Baloogan

Some people can make good use of FA’s, turning them to stable, vivid LD’s. I did this once - when I had a string of FA’s, I became lucid in some of them.
I think the same thing happens with “lucid awakenings” - you can train yourself to stabilise it, or start WILD just after waking up.

:grin:

I have to agree with tapir. Lucid awakenings are so annoying, but false awakenings are fun, especially a string of them. I guess I like it because you can expect the unexpected anytime so you’re always doubting whether or not you’re awake at last. Some may find this frustrating, but I find it fun to be trapped between two worlds so to speak :smile: Ofcourse if you don’t become lucid a lot of fun gets lost…
About lucid awakenings… if you concentrate very hard on keeping the dream (for instance by gripping a dream object very tightly and concentrating on the feeling), you’ll have a good chance of ending up in a FA instead of waking up for real.

LA or Lucid Awakening - a new acronym has born! :happy:

Luckily I always have at least a minute or so after I become lucid and before I wake up. Though I have other annoying problems to struggle with, like dream environment fading out (the black void phenomenon). I’ve had some creepy FA-strings but they point to increased lucidity so I’m not going to moan about them :wink:

There is already nothing to grip this moment… :cry:

How about your own cloth?
I only did this once, but with great success. I gripped the cloth of someone standing in fron of me

I found another way: in the last moment I fall to the ground… And when I find myself lying in bed, I just continue imagining that I am lying there in the lawn, from where I was kicked out. It worked once, and I returned into my dream…

Yeah man! I love that feeling of waking up, performing a RC that you totally expect to prove reality, and just almost getting crazy because you have to conclude that you are still dreaming, while the whole awakening feeling and your surroundings feel SO incredibly real! It is just amazing! :smile:

hm. i dont often have false awakenings like, waking up in my bed and thinking ive woken up for real but that i wake up in a new dream.
and once something strange happened…i was dreaming and running away from 2 guys and i realized that i was dreaming and said #haha you cant catch me now!# and they just laughed and said that even if i ran away from them, it doesnt matter because they would just make me have a FA.
so, i ran to an elevator and said i wanted it to take me far away. but the same moment, i woke up----still in the dream, in the room ive been running away from .and a girl sitting next to me saying #ah, here you are again# and smiling.

i really panicked and thought i might never be able to leave the dream again :sad: