Will this work?

ok…its now the weekend so i can start tryin stuff again. i want to see if the method im going to try will work. here it is…

i wake up about 4 1/2 hours after i fall asleep. i stay awake for no longer than like 3 minutes…then i try and fall asleep by counting up to a number. and im going to say to myself…when i say a certaiin number (like 150) i will do a reality test. then hopefully, ill be dreaming and ill realize i am. does this sound logical? and…another thing…i need help on being really tired when i wake up. sounds weird…i know… but when i wake up in the middle of the night, sometimes im not that tired. like my eyes shoot up and i cant go back to sleep. so is there like a way to make u very tired either b4 u ever sleep, or after u wake up? hehe…so yeah…need some input on this before i go to bed. thanks!!

Yeah, that can work. It might not, but it can :wink:.
A couple of bits of advice:

1. Don’t get excited when going to sleep/back to sleep. This will keep you awake.

2. Take more than one RC. Looking around yourself and checking if you’re bedroom is right or not helps too.

3. Maybe you should set your alarm or whatever your using a bit later. 4 and a half hours really isn’t that long. I find setting mine for around five hours (or maybe six) works better, as you’ll be more tired and you’re dreams would be longer.

4. If you’re going to do this technique, you don’t really need to stay up for those three minutes. You could go strait back to bed.

Good luck :wink:.

so should i even bother counting?? oh and by the way…I HAD ONE :smile:

Count… or you will drift off and lose consciousness.

Nice job with the WBTB/WILD technique.

:happy:

I will try this tonight, this will be my first try for a lucid quest I will dedicate totally for. So all credits to you, bendrumming, if this works!
Wish me luck :content:

good luck. man…i wrote this post a long *** time ago. :razz:

well, i like to read through the forum…
But i failed at trying this. I dont even remember that my clock rung :sad: .
Ill try again tonight

bendrummin58, I have had the most success with this method. My record was 3 nights in a row, although the LDs were not very long.

I’ve always thought that adding an RC to the end of counting would be so logical-it’s like a safety net. I use the “look at your nose” RC because it uses the least physical movement. I count to 50 (“1-I’m Dreaming, 2-I’m Dreaming”), then when I get to 50 I open only one eye and try to look at my nose. If I see it, I’m still awake and start again from 1. If you don’t see your nose, you’re dreaming!