Help

If any of you remember, I had an LD back in August. I was extremely happy, but then school has sort of taken over my life. I almost never look at my hands anymore, and haven’t had another LD. What should I do to remind myself?

you forget to look at your hands in waking life? or in dreams? or both! :happy:

Perhaps you can tie a little string around your wrist, or maybe another “trinket” to wear to remind you.

Perhaps you can try different techniques that don’t rely as much on RC s.
You could put a sign near your bed to remind you to make intentions to remember dreams and to become lucid. Or put signs around your whole roooom!! :happy:

Or, you can also put a little markered dot on your wrist or hand to remind you, evey time you see this do an RC. If you get into it enough, after a while you probably won’t need the dot anymore. Another good thing would be to set your alarm a bit earlier to give you time to wake up, remember your dream, and write it down in your DJ.

There are lots of possibilities you can do. I’d certainly set my alarm a bit earlier, so you have bigger chance of remembering a possible LD. Also, before you go to bed, you should have half an hour or more spare time to practice intensive visualization of intention strengthening. Just repeat to yourself that you WILL look at your hands this night, and repeat it over and over again… This is also something what I do now, because here too school is slowly ruining it all. So far it has helped me a little bit, so it probably takes a little more than that. You can also combine this exercise with the ones others have mentioned.

Good luck! :wink:

honestly I feel your pain due to the stress of school I have lost alot of dream recall. What I do is put a L on all my pencils/pens. And on my binder. So that everytime I look at it I will do a RC. Its very hard to remember todo RC s during school the first two weeks I did like one RC a day! hah. Now that I am LDing more often Its on my mind all day so I dont have to look at the L’s anymore.

Might work for you. Some of the people at my school (who I finally got to take LDing seriously) have their wrist watch chime every hour. So that way they hear that and then do a RC. Then when they go to bed the set up a chime so they hear it in their dream and do a RC. I dunno if it works though he just started LDing. And It usually requires much more then 1 RC per hour to carry over into the dream.

I’ll try the L’s, but I haven’t even been doing on RC a day :sad:.

Okay, I’ll keep at it.

My mobile phones got a recording of me saying “I am dreaming etc…” for 30 seconds and i can put on an alarm to play it.

Though i haven’t used it much yet, what do you guys think?