The LD ceiling

Once or twice i have had what some would call an astral projection or OOBE. However, I really think it is just a hyperlucid dream state. But that is a symantic difference that can be discussed later.

Almost every night I have dreams that are at least somewhat lucid or aware. I start dreaming, realize it can’t be real, and then to some degree start to control the dream. This has been going on since I can remember.

My problem is that when I plan to have a lucid dream in order to explore my consciousness and ‘try things,’ the dream starts to fade into a hazy mess and no longer seems real. Just about the time I’m gaining absolute control over every aspect of the dream, it fades and I am fully awake. It doesn’t matter if it’s 8:00AM or 2:00AM. The same thing happens.

If I am more passive, only allowing myself to fly a bit or to have super defensive powers, for example, the dream can go on and on. However, the moment I decide to really try to get somewhere, the dream becomes vaporous.

Moreover, I have tried to directly induce the so-called OOBE state with limited success. I can lie down, meditate, and get to the point where electrical currents are bubbling so loudly up my spine into my head that it feels like I’m going to explode. And then, I realize what is happening, try to concentrate harder or something like that, and it’s gone. I can repeat that 5 times in a row without much problem, but can’t get beyond it regularly.

I feel these two problems are directly related. Perhaps they are the same problem. If I can solve the one, I have solved the other. Needless to say I am much more interested in the OOBE-on-demand, but I think I can fix the problem better in the dream state since I have much more practice there.

What should I do?

Don’t concentrate when you get to the state where your body is “electrified”, let go and feel how your about to get to sleep and surprise yourself by getting aware of whats happening. :razz: