Was this a lucid dream..? Unsure

I’ve become obsessed over them… and last night… I did a WBTb, and then was thinking i will have a lucid dream… in the night I dreamt normally and can remmeber specific details about my dreams but one of my dream, it WAs a dream. but in my dream i was thinking this is a lucid dream, and I started flying… but the sensation was only the sensation of a normal dream flying and when I awoke, thinking back… it seemed it WAS a normal dream, but in the dream me thinking I was Lucid… Does that make sense? Is that a lucid dream? or once I hav eone, will i KNOW i have one. ALso I thought I was controling the flying, but realy I dont think I was…

It’s a lucid dream, if you know you are dreaming when in the dream. So only you can decide if you were aware in the dream or not.

In the DREAM I thought I was dreaming, but I wasn’t concious…

if you thought you were dreaming in the dream i think you were lucid…for some ppls the first few lucid dreams just doesn’t feel much different from normal dreams, but with more experience you’ll getting higher levels of lucid dreams and you’ll notice more difference…

congrats on your LD :ok:

Also to add, I didnt do a reality check… or i cant remember it at least…

LucyKemp, I think you had a False Lucid Dream (FLD). It’s a dream where the dreamer acts like he is lucid, but he is not really conscious of it. It’s like when the thought “I’m Dreaming” is only part of the dream scenario, and not a conscious one. But don’t get discouraged, usually a FLD means that a real lucid dream is right around the corner. so good luck! :content:

You can still not be lucid and say ‘I am having a lucid dream!’. I know, because it’s happened to me.

To know if you were lucid or not, I’ll ask you if you knew you were dreaming:

If the answer is yes: then you were lucid.
If the answer is no: then you weren’t.
If the answer is, ‘I don’t know’: then you probably weren’t.

i disagree, many peoples that’s new to lucid dreaming are doubtful about their first lucid dream/dreams… :tongue:

edit: but actually its up to the dreamer to decide…as someone pointed out your “real” LD is probably not far away anyway.

Yeah, but even then, new LD’ers usualy know if there knew it was a dream or not (whew). They are usually just not sure about the precise defination of LD’s.

More often than not, people will have a very vivid ND or a FLD and wander if they had a LD. They will try and force themselves to remember if they knew it was a dream or not, and end up only half sure.

EDIT: anyways, even it was a LD, it sounds like a pretty low level one. Either way, a LD/betterLD is on it’s way :wink:

agree :beer: