If we were inventors: Image-Contacts and Light-Glasses

I’m not sure wheteher this should go in shortcuts or not…but here goes:

Every week, at least, i’ll be having a post called “If we were inventors:” followed by the topic. I’ll make up something, probably fake, that could help facilitate lucid dreaming, then get feedback on my probably unfeasible ideas. Hopefully, somebody would also post ideas on how to create or do something that would give the same effect as this “invention.”
Here Goes the first “If we were inventors.”

Image Contacts and Light Glasses:
When we all close our eyes and look at the sun, we of course see red or orange because of the sunlight still passing through our eyes. Most of us have also seen toys with little fake “film reels” in them, where you look through the eyepiece, and see images. In these toys, the images were seen when you pointed the toy, with the “reel” inside, to light.
Now…the invention is Image-Contacts and Light Glasses. At night, you put on two contact lenses with the same image on them. When you put on the Light Glasses/Goggles, an image of something you’d want to dream of that is imprinted on the lens (liek a Matrix movie scene) comes through with the light from the Glasses…and you kind of SEE with your EYES closed. you will see this image as you drift off to sleep, and when you see it again, you’d know you are dreaming.

Thoughts? Is this a silly idea? Madness? Genius?

Participate by telling me your thoughts on this kind of post, and something that you could see as you drift to sleep that you could use as a sign of dreaming.

Sounds neat. Please, though, keep them all in one thread. Change the top title to something like “Were we inventors… (Latest: contacts)” so that people can see whether you’ve posted anything new. :smile:

Very nice idea if you’ll keep it up.

As for the contacts: How thick can contacts lens be, and how much space can they have at the bottom, i.e. can they have wires going out, and how thick can these be?

It would be pretty complicated. A light shining from outside and a very small area on the lenses to place the image. Maybe it would be partly white and between that part and the eye it would have some sort of black thing which can go on or off. :smile:

Would you be able to fall asleep with this image?

Would there be safety problems when people turn in their bed? What about taking the lens off when you wake?

Objects very near to the eye are never in focus… We don’t see the edges of our pupils as round holes becoming smaller or bigger, only the illumination is dimmed. If you were wearing such lenses with your eyes opened, you wouldn’t see the picture, you would still see the world outside, but very dim and with some indistinct shadows over it. And it seems to be absolutely impossible that this shadows can be interpreted properly in a dream. Sorry if I somehow ruined your designs…
I heard about a method of projecting images onto the retina directly with miniature lasers… They are used instead displays in portable computers (they are really invented already - I didn’t mean sci-fi). Such things could be used the way you suggested, but I’m not sure I would agree to put this laser stuff onto my eyes. :smile:

Cool thread idea, I am curious what else you’ll come up with. I already like that on, tell me when it is built :wink:
But yes, I think shortcuts are better, I’ll move it

I was thinking about kind of adult toy you either put on or put in and it vibrates as soon as you enter REM stage.Something like NovaDreamer for grown ups:)
As to images…i guess i cant say it out loud here.And btw Ilana`s right- there are machinas able to project stuff right onto the retina-its used in military mainly as a help for mechanics- instead of checking everything on the scheme(like when fixing part of the plane) they have all details listed right into the eye.