MILD - keeping me awake

I am trying to use MILD after I wake up from a dream. The problem I’m having is this: As I lay there focusing on lucid dreaming (i.e. visualizing becoming lucid in the dream I just woke up from, telling myself that I will have a lucid dream, ect) I begin to doze and my mind drifts. I then pull my consciousness back to focusing on MILD. This just keeps me conscious and awake. I lay in my bed this morning from 3:55 a.m. to 4:55 a.m. before I realized that I wasn’t going to fall back to sleep. (I had to get up at 5:15 a.m.).

This is very frustrating. Any advice would be much appreciated.

First of all, I don’t like spiders :bored:

And the same thing usually happens to me too, or I forget completely what I was doing and then I fall asleep. It’s ok to fall asleep when you are doing MILD, just keep at it until your mind starts drifting or until you’ve been doing it for maybe 10 minutes and then you can just let yourself fall asleep.

It’s only when you are doing WILD that you will have to balance your consiousnes and then enter a dream without falling asleep first.

Thanks JaRoD. That’s very good to know. I will just let myself drift off tomorrow night.

Oh, and the spider. I use to have dreams about spiders all the time. I has a witch (wiccan) tell me that the spider is my spirit guide. But who knows.