WILD's worst enemies

Ok… I was just wondering about things that make it hard for you to have WILD’s.

Someone mentioned to me about swallowing… I haven’t got any problem with that… I’m able to relax my mouth so it doesn’t produce any salyva(don’t know if that’s spelled the right way :smile: )

My main problem is relaxing my eyes, I can’t seem to be able to let go of them… they always twitch and bring me back to consciousness.

Another thing is heat. Whenever I’m doing WILD it seem’s like my body get’s hotter and I start to sweat. This is very uncomfortable and there’s no way I can change that. If I sleep with my blancket off it gets too cold, and with it it’s too hot, but that’s something I just have to figure out a way to beat.

I would like it if you talked about your things… and maybe help me with my problems…

Thanks guys…

When do you attempt WILD?

By biggest problems include being comfortabe in one position for so long, and running out of patience and thinking negative. Also the inability to fall asleep, or boredom. But these only happen if I try it during daytime, and I don’t take naps so that’s the problem.

After WBTB, I am tired so I can fall asleep, I am comfortable because I’m too lazy to move, and I’m relaxed and calm so I don’t fear anything. My only problem then is keeping the balancing act going; I usually tip over in dreamland because my thoughts wander off, or if I’m awake too long I end up moving.

My biggest problem with WILDs is that everytime I’m about to fall asleep consciously, I fell a growing electrical feeling that’s getting really frightening when I try to relax and let go. Everytime I get that feeling, I think my heart is going to stop beating or my brain would explode… Anybody shared that experience? Please tell me…

Ravy

I find it best to do it in the evening, before going to sleep.
I’ve had more success in the daytime, when I’m taking naps but I don’t know what I’m doing then, It just happens. So I like it more when I haven’t had any sleep so I can pay more attention to it and learn more about it.

The WBTB method isn’t doing much from me. I fall asleep to quickly and can’t concentrate enough. That’s why I like it more in the evening, I can concentrate at will then.

At first I was really scared about that electric feeling and vibrations and my heart started pumping, but after a few tries I got more relaxed during them and now they make me more focused, they make you feel more conscious. I’m always glad when they come, because after a hour and a half of just lying and relaxing, your mind starts to wander around and this is sort of like a turbo boost.

There is one other thing that I hate when attempting WILD, and that’s noise. I have to sleep with my window open, I can’t fall asleep without fresh air, so there’s a lot of traffic noise around, and that distracts me. It makes me lose concentration and then I get frustrated and have to start all over again.

Itches!
I can’t believe nobody has mentioned this yet. I hate when I’ve got myself so relaxed that my body sinks into the bed, and then some itch forms on the end of my nose. Sometimes I can ignore it and it goes away, other times it grows too painful and I have to scratch it.

That’s my biggest problem. The itches usually don’t come until I get very relaxed too. I think it may be due to my body falling asleep, I’m not sure.

Growing hot can also be a problem for me. It’s strange, our bodies must change somehow when this happens. I can be really comfortable before, but then I get so hot that I start to sweat.

Me neither! I totally forgot about itches. Although, I sort of have them under control, I can get rid of them almost instantly but they do distract you, and make you lose concentration. Hate it when they’re at your nose :smile:
[/quote]

There are a number of things that can distract you while attempting WILD. The heat is starting to become an issue for me, since it’s getting into summer now. Often I’ll wake up at the designated time to perform a WILD, only I’ll be completely covered in sweat due to how hot it is. To fix this, I get up and take a walk around my cold house. Since doing this wakes me up quite a bit, it also makes it harder to get back to sleep.

Generally I can avoid most of these things though, simply by how fast I can return to sleep after waking up. It usually takes along the lines of 1 to 2 mintues before I find myself back in the dream (if I was successful).

I found an article that the pineal gland is not only depended on the absence of light 4 melatonin secretion but also from heat…
It showed that at 10 c animals pineal glands had more melatonin secretion
then at 20 celsius…so i guess when u feel warm u have less chance to have a good wild…think that serotonin and melatonin play an important role in wild!

oh and your skin resistance to electricity changes when u relax…the more relaxt u are the higher (ohm) resistance it has to conduct electricity…maybe that can give 4 some ppl an itchy feeling…maybe…dont know…

Lets wild! ROARRRRRRR :happy:

Thanks for the info Jeff.
Unfortunately for me, I have no access to melatonin or other dream helping chemicals. I wish I would though.

I guess I just have to sleep with the window open and blanket off :smile:

Hmmmm, wel Gov u could eat bananas it hold the precursor for serotonin and from that also melatonin is made…so go bananas…lol!

Hmmm Gov…u could of course also sleep in the garden…no bad joke!
You could order melatonin from the net…some dont need credit cards…u can sent the money to a bank or so…

Good luck Gov!

greetings,

Jeff

A new topic has been created from the replies in this thread. The new title for this thread is:
“self hypnosis to become and stay lucid”
It can be found in the “Shortcuts to Lucidity”[color=red] forum.

This topic is now reserved for “WILD enemies.”[/color]