I am already growing sick of waiting........

In my life, I’ve had a few lucid dreams which I can remember, then I got interested about it.

I started to adjust my environment on Sunday, I try to think about lucid dreaming during the day, but yet, I am not aware of my dreams. The past night, I slept only five hours, and can only remember very weak dreaming images. T

he previous night, I thought my mind was “playing” with me, as it tended to show me stuff after stuff that can’t happen for real. Unfortunately, it didn’t turn me lucid.

Anyway, when will I become lucid? I know it’s great

Hey Zewu,

Since you have already had an LD you are ahead of the game. You’ve only been working at it for 5 days now, so patience is a must. Keep practicing, keep that “lucid” feeling as much as you can during the day and it will show up in your dreams. There is no prediction for when you will have your next one. Everyone is different.

You know how great LD’s are so it’s worth working for. :content:

No kidding… the last really good LD I had left me feeling so great during it and when I woke up that its enough to keep me going. I’ve had a couple since then but only very weak ones… and yet… I always feel excited int he morning. Like I’m getting closer.

However, those were all like month or two apart… so don’t get frustrated. Just keep doing your thing. Read some books on dreaming and Lucid Dreaming and keep writing anything you can recall in your dream journal.

I wouldnt be worried, if you can remember even very small and vague parts of dreams, it is good. last night as far as im concerned i did ‘not’ dream, I cant remember anything.
its good to have atleast something, even if it is very little, to remember from a dream.

If you can only remember weak images, picture them in your mind and start writing them down. Other parts or the dream come more easily when you’re writing it down. If that doesn’t work start thinking ‘how did i get there?’ ‘where was i before this?’
Often this helps me remember not only more of that dream but a whole other dream as well. Also try and remember how you felt at the time, because everything you remember can help you remember other things as well.

Cyril:

I assure you, you did dream that night :wink:

Sometimes it’s easy to forget a dream entirely, particularly when it’s not the first thing on your mind when you wake up. Enhancing dream recall requires that you change a few habbits. You have to be thinking about dreams the moment you wake, and you have to try to remember as much as possible.

Simply replaying the dream in your mind when you wake will prevent some of it from getting lost forever. This is where dream diarys come in handy.

Really, you cant expect having a ld after just a couple of days… Usually it takes weeks and for some even months.

Also, do stuff like reality checks during day, and keep a dreamjournal… Thats what worked for me… Rarely enough to just think about LDs.

Make sure you have high dream recall. I had a lucid dream last night and i forgot all about it till 1 hour later in the morning! That dream could have been easily forgotten-and maybe you are having many lucid dreams every night but fail to realise!

A little tip i picked up that works for me is to stare at your self in the mirror and study yourself before you go to bed. Hopefully you will become the subject of your dream and will find it easier to become lucid. Also write down what you want to do in your dream and read it every night. I did that last night and although I didn’t stick to my plan I did have a lucid dream.

God bless you all.

Adam

As everyone already said, keep a dream diary and you will see it will improve your dream recall ability. If you can’t write it down imediately just run it in your head roughly and when u can write it down in more detail. Sometimes dreams can hit you later in the day (happened for me anyways) without thinking about them…so i run up and write em. The brain is a complicated system, it has filters that can block and recall anything in an instant…and I’m barely starting to realize how powerful this is.
Keep at it, you’re not the only one struggling!

Well, I am happy to have made progress. I was lucid for about 15 seconds two nights ago. I tried some bouncing, flying and landing softly to the ground from maybe 10 meters. I loved it.

Then I felt the dream fading, I tried to spin, but that only made me throw twice in my bed, and I was awake:(

One thing that really helps is to set goals. Set a goal like, one lucid dream per month by the end of this year or something.
I set goals all the time. Make sure they are achievable yet difficult. I wanted to have one lucid dream a week, that was my goal. It took me nearly two years, now I’m there.
Like everyone else said, be patient.