As You Like It

Hey, I’m new here and to this whole LD thing and I have a few questions/comments. I know that your probably sick of having new people come in and ask you questions, but any help would be appreciated.

1. I have been trying to LD for 3 days now, and just last night i remembered 4 dreams and wrote them all down (I think I’m getting closer, YAY!). Anyway, I was wondering if any of you have some useful dreamsigns so I can being my “realization stage” and get closer to LDs, any would be appreciated!

2. What’s an RC? And what are WILDS?

3. I think a good thing to have before you go to bed is some kind of tea with a lot of herbs in it, at least that is what has been helping me these past days!

Thanks a lot for allowing me to be part of this! :shy: :cool: I’m looking forward to having my first LD.

concerning dreamsigns, there isn’t a series of universal dreamsigns. you must recognize you’re own dream signs. however many dreams you’ve recorded so far might be sufficient enough to go through the dream journal and look for consistencies in the dreams you have. consistencies of action, situation, objects, environment etc. these consistencies are good as dream signs. go through this and pick the signs that aren’t common to waking life. because if you happen to make your dream sign something trivial to life then when you do see it in your dream it won’t convince you.

the purpose of doing so is that when you see these signs you’ll be provoked into thinking you’re in a dream, then you’ll do a rc than badda boom badda bing.

an RC is an acronym for Reality Check. in short, if you check if your dreaming enough during the day, doing so will soak into your dreams. good rcs are looking at a clock, turning momentarily, then looking back at it. in dreams the time will radically change and can cause lucidity. i only have to look a digital clock without turning away and it makes me lucid.
other rcs like looking at text, trying to fly work. basicly look for oddities.

WILD= Wake Initiated Lucid Dream. this means to fall asleep consciously. look in the “how” section of this site and you’ll learn how.
falling asleep consciously is very strange by the way, sometimes scary.

In addition to what Probobo said, I should point out that virtually all LD’s will take place in the morning, during your final hours of sleep. Often, it will be after you have woken up momentarily and go back to sleep. That’s when it is most possible to have a WILD.

Also: patience is always a good thing. :smile: