Dream before falling asleep

I forget what these are called but im pretty sure there is a name for them. They are usually rare but when you are in the process of falling asleep you have a vision of sumthing, usually in the same room you are in. Does any1 know wut im talking about. Cus i had a couple and they were really disturbing almost lik nightmares. Like there was one when i had fallen asleep watching tv but when it started i dint know i was asleep and the tv turned off then this lil frankinstien doll think wit red flashing lights that was sitting on the tv came to live and started floating towards me and i was paralysed and i couldnt talk or yell either I woke up b4 it got me. I threw that thing in the trash after that. Does any1 else ever have sumin like this happen?
Also here is a funny story that happened to me when i was a kid. I was having a dream that i was falling then i woke up satisfied it was a dream but the room was upsidedown and flying past me. I had had a dream i was falling then i woke up and i really was falling off the top of my bunkbed. Anyway i landed on my toolbox and cut my shoulder. But im ok cus it happened a long time ago and i just laugh at it now. Thought u might enjoy that humor.

Thats a Hypnagogic Hallucination, usually happens when you try to WILD or very tired. Its not rare, just freaky when it happens. Usually something scary does happen.

I had perhaps my first hypnagogic hallucination this morning. After waking up from a dream, I was not able to get immediately into a WILD, because it’s easy to forget. But even though it was several seconds since I had woken up, I tried to do it anyway. I must have been halfway asleep, because I saw this blue pager in front of me, and I thought everything was normal. I focused on its image, and it helped me get into an LD.

Hey i shouldnt post this here but…When you first woke up and tried to WILD, wut happened? Did u feel vibrations and closed your eyes to focus on the AP or kept your eyes open and waited to fall asleep?

I close my eyes and sort of strain or focus them, while concentrating on somehow increasing the vibrations I feel. Normally, when I successfully do a WILD, I have literally just woken up, without opening my eyes, or moving, or anything. In fact, I’m probably just in between dreams when that happens. This time I was much more awake.

Sounds like you experienced a sleep paralysiz, which often has halucinations included…

I have had a few of those to, some of them are really frightning…