Different results by looking at your hands as a RC in a LD

I had my first real substantial LD a month or so ago, it led me to search on the internet and find what had happened to me and thats how I found this site, among others. Since then I have kept a dream journal and RCed whenever I feel my waking life may be a dream, usually by making sure my hands look normal and have the correct amount of fingers.
Last night I had my first RC inspired LD. The dream wasnt anything too special, but the RC really shocked me. When I RC by looking at my hands in waking life, I try to expect something like other posters on this forum have seen in dreams, such as fuzziness, too many fingers, or chills. But by doing this RC in a dream for the first time I was quite shocked and kind of scared by what I saw.
In my dream I looked down and ( :eek: ) I saw my hands constantly flashing different random positions. One split-second they would be clenched the next open facing me, the next with some fingers down (possibly too many fingers, but the images flashed by too fast I couldn’t really tell). I was in my room (when I go lucid my surroundings pretty much exactly the same as in my waking life, but usually completely different in a non lucid dream) so I checked the light switch, knowing I was asleep just wanting to see if I could disprove the theory that lightswitches dont work in dreams, but still my did not work (it must be true!) and consequently, later in the dream I did another technique commonly used as a RC, I went into the mirror (the large wall sized one in my room), only to be in darkness and see the mirror behind me as a window back into my room (and when I reached for the mirror, my hands looked normal).
But still, I later looked at my hands again and saw the same thing. Has anyone else here ever had results from RCing their hands that they never expected?

Thats the RC I used when I was first starting to lucid dream properly. I didn’t really know what to expect but what happened is that I couldn’t see my hands, and if I did, they were see-through, and when I moved them they were jerky, like under a strobe-light or something.

in a dream a few days back i flew and this triggerd my “WTF this isnt reality?” senses and i knew that it was a dream but i wondered what my hands would look like, so i looked at them and they were normal? i then proceeded to do the lightswitch test, and the lights didnt work.
wonder why my hands looked normal in my dreams?

One time I was in my room and I saw my dog sitting at the end of my bed, and he crawled into my lap like he used to, but then I remembered he was dead. I wasn’t sad or anything, I just thought it was weird. So then I thought that either he was a ghost or that I was dreaming. (You know how weird you think in dreams :blush: ) so anyways, I decided to check I was dreaming first and looked around for something to read and couldn’t find anything, so I decided to check my hands.

I looked at them, they were perfectly normal, which was weird, cause I thought if I was dreaming they wwould be doing something … weird … anyways, I noted on how extraordinarily real they felt, just like real life, I wonder how come. I thought the hand thing was a reliable RC.

Well for me my hands are never normal in my dreams. Often, when I count my fingers as a part of the hands RC in dreams, there grows a new finger for each one I counts, so when I have reached to about 10 fingers (on one hand) I have to give in and realise that my fingers are uncountable and I therefore am dreaming. Then, when I look at my hand again, I can see that there are six fingers without counting them. Conclusion: When I count them, I have (infinitive) fingers, but when I am not counting, I have 6 fingers. Pretty weird, or what? :tongue: Maybe I could try one with just counting as far as I could, and see where it would end? :gni: