WBTB variation

Hi
When I tried WBTB I either couldn´t fall asleep for some time after getting up, or I didn´t even get up and returned to sleep immediatly.
So, this variation might work for people who can´t fall asleep easily.

First, make sure you can sleep long the next day, and go to sleep early.
Set your music alarm clock (if you have one) for perhaps 2-3 hours after falling asleep.If the thought that you have to fall asleep fast keeps you awake, no problem, just set the clock for 4h from now on, so you got 2 hours for falling asleep.
When the music wakes you up you should try to stay motionless (like the chaining technique) but that isn´t necessary.Concentrate on the music, like doing MWILD.
If you suceed to MWILD, fine.I never did though, and if you are one of thos persons who have problems falling asleep, you will probably lie there for 20 minutes, in a state between sleep and waking world.
When you start to dislike the music because it keeps you from falling asleep, turn it off.
Now you should fall asleep quickly, remember the next dreams more easily, and are more likely to get lucid.I think this is cause you somehow aren´t sleeping so “deep” anymore, it is more like the kind of sleep you have in the morning hours, but whole night long! If you wake up several times this night for no apparent reason, this is a good sign.

This mixture of different techniques has already helped me a lot.I think the most important point is finding a method that allows you to remain in a sleepy state but keeps you from actually falling asleep.

Traumgänger

yeah, i agree. there is no “miracle” way to get instant LD’s everyone is different, and you need to mix’n’match techniques to find whats right for you.

as for the technique mentioned, i’ll try it tonight, ive pretty much tried everything thats been posted on this board, some being more successful than others. for me, getting heaps of sleep before going to bed at night works wonders for me :grin:

Herr Traumganger, I happen to have the exact same problems with the WBTB method, and I’ve figured an amazing new way to overcome this:

Setting the radio alarm will often ‘program’ my biological clock to actually wake up a few minutes before the alarm, and sometimes knowing I set the alarm will result in light sleep during the night and I end up turning it off to try and get some much-needed undisturbed REM sleep.
What I figured is to keep my blinds open during the night, and the early morning light is sufficient to wake me gently (unlike the terrifying sounds of my beeping alarm, or the bad songs on radio that get stuck in your head). I get up, close the blinds, and I can easily fall back asleep, and if I happen to be real tired I can just turn my head or duck under the covers to continue sleeping.

I like to see different methods people use, because some just might work, as everyone’s different. Hope mine helps someone out.