suggestions for hardcore LD practice?

Hello
Here is my situation:

My dad go skiing after xmas, my brother goes skiing and my friends go skiing… I don´t like skiing.
My parents don´t live together, so I can either stay at my mums house or at the empty house of my dad, but since my friends aren´t there I will have plenty of time.

Ok, now I got time and an empty house.The only one that´ll disturb me is my father´s cat :wink:

So, do you have any suggestions for perhaps a day or more spent on intensively working on LDing?

Traumgänger

Hardcore LD lol

If you can fall asleep easily try taking lots of naps with a MILD/WILD combo. If you can’t try this: One day go to sleep late and wake up at 4am and do something that will get you very tired, like go exercise. Then, go to sleep at 6PM and wake up 8 hours later (2am). You will technically have an entire night (2-9am) to try WBTB with immediate REM periods, and you shoud be able to fall asleep because it is within your regular sleeping schedule.

I can’t remember who came up with this method atm, and I haven’t got to try it since I can’t fall asleep at 6am no matter what, but if you do consider anything similar to this, post results!

Lol Traum:)Got free house and you thinking bout sleeping?Think it over man!:slight_smile:
There are pretty girls around you know:)

And there is also psychadelichs around to :wink:

Just watch tv…lol…joke!
Well do indeed naps and wilds and reading about ld and so on…or give a nice ld party 4 all your friends…

Have fun! :happy:

First tip is to take the phone off the hook, or turn down the ringers and answering machine.

Try some meditation techniques, or try out some “Hemi-sync” MP3s.

Try sleeping in another room other than your normal sleeping place. A different sleep place can induce odd dreams. You can even be wacky and try weird places like the kitchen floor or bathtub.

Place “RC markers” throughout the house. Try post-it notes that read “You are dreaming” on the bottom of toilet lids, back of cabinets, on light switches or remotes.

Set goals in your LDs that include things you might not do in an empty house. Once lucid, try screaming so loud that it is heard in waking life. Or try to scare the cat. :grin:

Be inventive. Create and try a new technique. Maybe set another room’s TV to turn on at a certain time to create a “distance voice” that may incorporate itself in your dream. Choose a good channel, maybe the weather channel.

I always like how quiet it is when the electricity is off. You can try flipping your breakers to turn off most electronics, just watch out for the food in the fridge. :wink: You can be surprised by how loud silence can actually be. :eh:

If you’re frustrated at your lack of success. Then do the opposite and see how long you can stay awake. I can handle 30hrs without sleep, … reluctantly. Afterwards you’ll be able to sleep long and that can be good for lucidity.

LOL! I could never think of such things DreamAddict.

Sleeping in different places can be uncomfortable, but you can always use a pillow and a thick bedcover.

The Weather channel can probably create some crazy scenes if you were Lucid and be able to hear it. Discovery Civilizations or History channel could also do something, since they narrate slowly and in detail, and they stay on topic for about 1 hour. Commercials would be a problem though.

Happy LDing!

jack, lol, I´ll consider this, but since most people go skiing this time I fear there won´t be many opportunities to get to know some ladys…

Messing up my sleep schedule seems a nice idea… perhaps combined with unusual places to sleep.I just hope our neighbours don´t find me lying exhausted in the bathtube when they want to look for the plants gg
Well, have to tell them that I´ll care for the plants and the cat for some days (If I really try this).

thanks for your suggestions (more suggestions always welcome, if someone still has one :wink: )

Traumgänger

Put some music on and WILD (Wake-Induced Lucid Dreaming), and I bet you’ll get lucid.

If you try too hard you won’t accomplish anything though. And remember to do constant RC’s.