voices

i’m just wondering, do you really hear voices in your dreams? 'cos i think i do not. sure i speak to people and the birds are singing and stuff, and i do remember the words i’ve used, but actually i dont remember any sounds. it’s difficult to explain… my dreams are like silent movies. what about yours?

i hear the sounds as they sound in real life.

Same here. Just like real life.

in my NORMAL dreams (non-lucid ones… I’ve only had TWO lucid ones… at least I think the second one was lucid…) I don’t think I hear anything…

I was thinking about this very thing a while ago…

so can you remember the sounds the exact way they sounded AFTER the dream?

They do speak…

But many elements if not the whole thing seem so distant afterwards, so you might think you didn’t hear anything.

Exactly what I think.

High-level LD refers to having a heightened sense of awareness of your surrounding in a dream, and this not only refers to being able to see clearly. I’ve learned to move in my dream as opposed to thinking my way around, and there is a big difference. I can’t wait to have another LD to be able to experience instead of pretend and imagine.

I think hearing is a little different in dreams than in real life. For a few weeks after i started to get good dream recall i noticed that i hadn’t actually had sound in my dreams. After that i started to hear things though.

Anyway i think they’re different because when we dream it is all coming from our mind, not from the outside world, so we can only hear what we can imagine in our heads. eg. a deaf person could dream with sound.
So the sound we hear could only be what we could imagine. But to me in dreams sound only feels like thoughts, not actual sounds. And when i remember a dream i can replay the sounds and it feels the same. But when i replay real life sounds it doesn’t feel the same. Don’t get me wrong it’s pretty similar and doesn’t take much from the experience but i don’t think that i’d be able to use it as a dream sign (unless i tested it by sort of saying one thing and thinking another-try it in real life and in a dream, i think you should be able to do it in real life but not in a dream).

I also don’t hear the exact thing that was said in the dream-probably about the same vaugeness that images are recalled with.