Was this a lucid dream?

Over the past month, I’ve had 3 dreams in which I’ve DREAMT that I fall asleep and awake lucid. Now were these actually lucid dreams or was i Just dreaming that I was having lucid dreams? Perhaps a low level lucidity? Because In each I “realize” or “dream I realize” that I am indeed sleeping and attempt to make stuff happen around me at will. In each nested dream, I always wake up to go back to the original dream, however. Any input is appreciated.

It’s fairly common to dream about having lucid dreams, especially if you spent some time thinking about them during the day.

It’s possible you had low-level lucidity, which can sometimes last only a few seconds before the normal dream takes over. When you actually become lucid in a dream, you find yourself able to think clearly and properly percieve your environment.

If you only think you may have had a lucid dream after you wake up, unfortunately you probably didn’t. It does mean you’re getting closer though. :wink:

I’ve dreamt something similar…not that I was having a lucid dream but that I was talking about lucid dreams. My ex b/f was at my house, which is weird considering we aren’t even on speaking terms. He also made out with my 13 year old sister which was even weirder but anyways thats not the point. I had him trapped in a very un-desirable situation and he started saying “this is just a dream” I was like “no, if it was a dream you could do whatever you wanted, you could turn me into whoever you wanted and f*ck my brains out…you could fly…” Then I started telling him all about lucid dreaming, but it didn’t even occur to me that I could in fact be dreaming. I’m starting to get the feeling that I have no intelligence or common sense in my dreams whatsoever. :sad: