Is this abnormal?

On a usual night, I will remember most, if not all of my dreams. However, on nights where I have an overabundance of sleep, I will remember every single detail of every single dream I had all night. Like take last night for instance, I slept 14 hours, and woke up remembering ALL of the dreams I had all night long, the order they went in, and the space between dreams. This happens quite often, and I do not keep a dream journal because it takes me too long to write everything down. I was wondering if anyone else is able to do this?

I know it says somewhere on this site that when you have good dream recall, it helps you to become lucid, but that isn’t the case for me. LOL. If I become lucid, it’s by accident. :wink:

Anyway, I was just wondering. :smile:

Cant confir that-i usually get 10-12 hrs of sleep and id say my recall is just average.
As to second part-dream recall and lds:its true in a way.The better recall you have the more details you remember.The more details you have in your dream diary ,the easier and more accurate your Dreamsigns are.Know what i mean?
Its easier to have an ld when you have specific and right dremsign.Something reocurring-thing,emotion,activity.Once you have yours(tho they can be changing in time) you can say to yourself"next time im on the bus im dreaming"(if your DS is a bus).That makes it whole lot easier.Also its used in RCs-u do them on the bus and they can carry on to your “dream bus”
Thats how good recall is connected with lds.
hope it helps

i wish i could get 14 hrs of sleep… :grin:

You would think that with as much as I sleep, it would raise my chances of lucidity. Well that doesn’t seem to be the case with me, but it at least gives me EXTREMELY clear and vivid dreams. (And loooooooong ones too hehe)

I’m the same way. The longer I sleep the better I do both remembering and controlling.I sleep usually 10-12 hours. After 12 I have to fight to stay asleep unless I’m really tired.The most I slept one time was about 15-18 hours can’t remember.I only slept that one time because I only got about 2-3 hours of sleep a night for a week because I was really sick. This one month I slept about 12-13 hours a night.I had complete controll of my dreams and it was the best time I had because I learned so much that month.

wow i thought sleeping that much was unhealthy! not only for ur health but for ur dreams too, once i have more stable dream recall ill try sleeping 12 hours a night for a whole week see what happens… damn i hope i dont get adicted to sleep again lol

btw bishy u should try the suneye methods to get lds, so far everyone i know whos tried it has had an ld from it