How do you become Lucid?

i’m sure there’s newbies out there that would like to know how to become lucid.

there’s pleanty of site out there, including this one. But what i find helps people most is people they talk to that have experienced it.

So what method(s) do you use which trigger lucidity for you?

personally I haven’t gotten to that stage where i can willingly LD, it generally happens spontaneously. Particularly if i have a dream i have had before.

Well you need to experiment. There are many different methods of obtaining a LD, but you need to find which one suits you best. I get the best results with a WBTB method. If I really want to experience good dream recall or have a LD I will go to bed around 11:00 pm and sleep for 6 hours. I wake up at 5:00 am and get out of bed and read some on dreams or listen to some music for 30 minutes. I then go back to bed and try to remain conscious and focus on the HI until I am in a dreamscene. You can also just fall back asleep and hope that you will perform a RC. It is a lot harder than it sounds to get out of bed after just 6 hours of sleep but if you really want to have one then do it and try it multiple times. Make sure you stay out of bed for at least 20 minutes and longer if you think you are not fully awake yet. There are so many different variables that effect them so just keep trying and experimenting. :smile:
G00d Luck!
J05h

Well I usually do the WBTB method on weekends, and during the week my school schedule usually does not permit much time for dreaming. Surprisingly I had my 3rd short LD at 6 this morning, the longest one so far. I hadn’t used any methods, and in fact wasn’t expecting to remember much of anything since I had smoked some weed earlier yesterday. But there I was sitting on my bed, when I heard a woman’s voice say “You need to do reality checks more often.” I looked at my hands and counted 6 fingers each, and concluded I must be dreaming. I then proceeded to walk through the wall and fly around for a little bit, but woke up after about 10 seconds.

For me it’s all random so far, I’m still looking for the best method for me.