What exactly is WILD?

and how do you do it?

WILD = Wake Initiated Lucid Dreaming

First lie down and close your eyes :wink:
Watch the hypnagogic imagery when you fall asleep, but make sure you stay consious. Just go with the flow, like watching TV. Even if you lose consiousness for a second or so, don’t worry: just continue…
At a certain point you’ll fall ‘really’ asleep and you’ll enter a dream. Since you’ve never lost consiousness this dream is Lucid.

This is not easy! :wink:

MWILD = Music Wake Initiated Lucid Dreaming:
Put up some music to help you remain consious. It makes it somewhat easier and it gives some input for the hypnagogic imagery…
:music:

what exactly is hypnagogic imagery?

Hypnagogic Imagery (HI) are the images you see just before falling asleep. Most people see those images, but forget about them after they have fallen asleep. Mostly (in my experience) those images are not extremely complex.
If you have performed a repetitive thing during the day that you normally don’t do, you can experience HI sometimes by just closing your eyes…
:smile:

Then there is HH: Hypnagogic Hallucinations.
This is the same as HI, but it happens with your eyes OPEN. It lasts for a very short time and mostly after opening your eyes when falling asleep or waking up. I have this a lot and the first time was somewhat disturbing for me. (Oh no, I must be going crazy when I see this robot with a doggy-head standing beside my bed) Mostly I make a drawing of those images for my DJ.

thanks hypnodude. so its HH thats been tourting my mornings. after i wake up i imagne my self going thourgh my mroning routine then i think dang im still in bed but it usally happens a few more times

oh and hypnodude i had no fear cause i knew you where here :wink:

No those are false awakenings (FA). You think you wake up, but it’s still a dream. Someone on this forum had the great tip to do a reality check after waking up to catch those. I’m going to do that. Guess I’ll catch an FA soon!

HH is mostly a projection of an image/object in the bedroom. In my case mostly something floating around.

That reminds me:
For some FA stuff you should watch the Nightmare on Elmstreet movies!

heheh
:smile:

i dont think there FAs because ive had those before and this is differnt. i know im up i just imagine that i get out of bed but there just as frustating as FAs