Can someone explain MILD to me?

I don’t understand how it’s any better than WILD. Why should I use MILD isntead of WILD? Isn’t it pretty much just DILD?

Description of MILD:

“It works by setting your intention to remember to recognize you are dreaming. Stephen LaBerge
from the Lucidity Institute developed it while he was trying to increase his Lucid Dreams
frequency. A good approach is waking up after 5-6 hours, remember a dream and tell yourself:
“Next time I’m dreaming, I will remember I’m dreaming.” You need to really mean it. Concentrate
on this thought only, if you find yourself thinking on something else, just let the thought go
and return to your intention. Also try to imagine that you are back in the dream, but this time
you recognize that you are dreaming. Look for unusual things that suggest you are dreaming and
tell yourself: “I must be dreaming!” Do this with all the unusual things you see from the dream
you remember. Continue with this until you fall asleep.”

How does this work effectively?

I would post the entire procedure from LaBerge’s book but I’m not sure how well that would go with copyright laws and all…

DILD works with dreamsigns and RC and you don’t remain conscious during the falling asleep part. WILD you already know. MILD differs from these two because it doesn’t deal with dreamsigns or remaining conscious. I am more successful at WILD than MILD and the only times I think MILD might have worked was when I just knew I am dreaming. Find out what works best for you and use it.

It deals in a way ,when you do your Rcs according to what dreamsigns you have.Just a thought

Yea Jack you’re right. I was thinking strictly about falling asleep. I guess MILD evolved a lot since LaBerge first introduced it.

check the big MILD topic in the QFL section.

xs4all.nl/~pasquale/TTM/r1/i … .php?t=623