I feel like such an IDIOT!!! ahhhhhh

This has never happened to me before until this morning, and I’m pretty damn frustrated so I had to jump on here and vent! In a nutshell, I was tricked! I mean, I know that the majority of dreams trick us into thinking it’s reality, but not after I realize it’s a dream!!!

I went outside this morning around 6:30 to dig my car out of the wretched 16 inches of snow we got, only to get a call on my cell phone to learn that my job was closed! So, a half an hour of fruitless digging later, I went back inside to go back to sleep! And whaddya know, I fall right into a dream (so much for my WILD attempt!) of me going outside to dig my car out! Only, there’s only small traces of snow on the ground, and it’s very warm. You think I’d put two and two together at this point, right? No such luck for me, the current moron of the hour. Then I go to open my car door, and it opens so awkwardly, like a drawer or something, straight out instead of swinging on a hinge…so that’s when I said to myself, “What the? Wait a minute, this is a dream! finally after like 2 months I’m having an LD!” :eek:

So, I proceed to do a RC just to make sure -- I jumped up and tried to fly....no dice...fooled by fake gravity!!  I say to myself, "WTF?!?"  :bored:   So I shout out, "Lucidity times 1,000!!!" I had about 100/0 vision for like one second, and then back to normal .. unbelievably, that wasn't enough for me (no clue why)!  I then went back to my car, and despite the entire MPH/TACH gauge assembly looking completely different, I still went on like it was RL.  :grrr:   

Needless to say, when I woke up, I wanted to KICK MYSELF VERY HARD!  It's been like 2 months, and I was cheated out of an LD.  My main goal has really been to have LDs to see how long I can make them last.  My longest LD was only around 20 minutes -- I'm hoping I can make one last for much longer...but damn, not when my own mind tricks me out of an LD!  I now realize I should have done more RCs, like find a clock to look at, and away, then back again.. because that one ALWAYS works..the numbers [b]always[/b] change!  But jeeez, USUALLY when I ask for higher lucidity, I get it, especially when screaming Lucidity X1000!  And every single time I've tried to fly in a dream as a RC, it's worked!  :sad:   Oh well, if not anything else, it was a valuable lesson NOT to trust just one RC.  From now on I do at least 3! 

Well, I'd love to hear your comments, and thanks for reading my frustrating little story.. Ciao for now.

I only do 1 RC, but it’s worked every time! and you don’t have to look like an idiot, like whrn ur jumping up trying to fly! hehe… just plug your nose and try to breath through your nose… if it works, you’re dreaming!

Haha …that’s an interesting RC!! I’ve never heard of that one before :happy: It sounds like it could work; I’ll definitely remember to try that one :wink:

i highly recomend it, i used it to verify my first LD, it works :grin:

I usually do 3-4 different checks and use some classic and new techniques. Reading check, clock check, penetration of matter and looking at my hands and counting the fingers on each hand. Clock and fingers one worked for my lucid last night!

Thanks guys I’ll have to try all of those tonight (if I get the chance!) I think the simplest RC out there that I always forget to notice is WHENEVER you say, “Wait a minute, this is a dream…”, or anything to that effect. The point of it is, we’re obviously at the highest level of consciousness when we’re awake (unless on drugs or alcohol), and would never say that in RL! :eh:

In my LD when I had that epiphany and said, “Wait a minute!”… THAT alone should have triggered my mind to recognize it as an LD - but I guess that’s just a matter of conditioning. The more that situation occurs, the more I’ll grow accustomed to it…and eventually every time I have that epiphany, it will immediately lead me to being lucid, w/o even having to do any RCs. (or so I hope!) :grin:

no reality check ALWAYS works for everyone.

I once tried 2 in a dream and it didnt work.

Only RC that works for me is just logically asking myself.

:smile: The two simplest reality checks are spinning…most of the time your dream scenery changes then…well that cant in real live or holding your hands with inside towards your face and look at them…then your scenery freezes…stops moving…well in real live scenry dont stop moving lol :happy:
I do it near a highway and all scenery frooze…stopped…well cars dont stop normally when i look at the inside of my hands :cool_laugh:

Jeff

I think the best RC is to ask where you came from. Like in real life you can remember everything you’ve done that day. But in a dream you either can’t remember anything, or if you can it will most likely make no sense.

The only problem with this is if you’re dreaming that you just woke up.

Even this reality check can fail.

One night I went into my daughter’s room because she got scared in the night. Just before I went out of her room, I took a look out the window and saw that it had been snowing.

I went back to bed and dreamed that I was in my daughter’s room, just as I had been in real life. We sat on the bed together, looking out the window. As we watched, I saw it was snowing and the snowflakes became weirder and weirder shapes. I questioned myself ‘am I dreaming?’, and decided to do the ‘How did I get here’ reality check.
I thought ‘I am in my daughters room because she got scared and I came over to the window’. I carried on in the dream without questioning again.