Lucid problems...

it seems when i become lucid during dreams i can’t increase the lucidity to a level where i can gain more control.

For example friday night i had a dream, a dream i have had before (this generally triggers lucidity for me) I said to myself “oh this is a dream” then various things like “Increase lucidity”

but what ever i do i cannot seem to increase my lucidity level to levels that help me gain control and usually just end up back following the dream along.

any tips?

Have you tried rubbing your hands or spinning while saying things like “Increase lucidity now!”? Try being actively involved with the dream and realizing that your in bed sleeping and that you have control over your thoughts.

I can only say Insane_goth that the fact that you know you dream is more of a rational thing! Consciously observing.
Dreams are a level of pure association, and thats the right hemisphere mostly.
Sometimes i only know that i dream but dont have much control…then i dance with rhythm and sing…connecting my right hemisphere with the dream and then i get control suddenly. Because I experience the dream then from an associative perspective and not just from a consciously one.
Try some things Insane_goth…

1. dance and sing
    2 feel with your hands your dream body
  2. Think of emotions…and…explore…try try try :happy:

Greetz,
Jeff

Hmm, perhaps you should try thinking about your waking life.Perhaps this doesn’t increase the vividness of your dreams, but at least it will help you not to loose lucidity.
Remember your full name, where you live, what you did the last day, where are you sleeping at the moment, what you want to do tomorrow, what you always wanted to do in your lucid dreams.
Stuff like that

hope it helps
Traumgänger

thanks for the tips,

be sure to try them next time i am lucid :smile:

traumgänger > when dreaming and in a lucid state i can often sense what possition i am sleeping in if i consentrate. It’s kinda cool gives me a feeling like being in 2 places at once - only problem being i often wake up then.

I have the same problem :smile:

Sometimes I can feel when the lucidity is ending because I begin to feel my real body. When this happens, I tend to concentrate on it by mistake, and I always wakeup.