Remembering

:eh: 1) ive tried like every method there is 2 remember a dream and all have failed

what methods actually work?

1. also ive tried to do a MILD lucid dream but i just end up starting a new dream and waking up remembering nothing but a 2 second flashback how does a MILD work and how can i make it work for me :grin:

Have you tried keeping a dream journal? Everytime I wake up from a dream I write down as many details as I can. Also after you wake up just lie there for a moment and try to let details of the dream come to you. I’ve found that after I wake up from a dream, opening my eyes or getting out of bed makes me forget my dream. The key is that you have to be motivated in recalling your dreams. I’m sure that if you keep trying you’ll eventually start to remember your dreams.

MILD is an excellent techniqe that has been the key factor in my success in lucid dreaming. Before you fall asleep repeat to yourself, “Next time I’m dreaming, I want to remember that I’m dreaming.” Focus your thoughts on this phrase alone. If your mind starts to wander, just go back to repeating the phrase to yourself. I would also like to say that you should use MILD along with the wake back to bed method. Wake back to bed is where you wake up during the early morning hours. While awake get up, walk around, and read something about lucid dreaming. Do this for about half an hour and then go back to sleep using MILD. You’ll find that combining these techiniqes will work great for inducing lucid dreams. However, before these methods will work I would suggest that you improve your dream recall. Good luck.

I agree with mbb809 on this one. A dream journal is a super way to remember your dreams. The most important part is to write your dreams down as soon as you wake up. Don’t wait until morning or you’ll forget them (99% of the time anyways). I even go as far as to keep my notebook in the bed with me. Even better, though, if you keep your journal on your computer, this is a great chance to try the wake-up-back-to-bed method.

Another thing I found that was hindering my dream recall was smoking weed. Back when I smoked, I was LUCKY to remember a single dream. When I quit, my recall jumped straight to 3 or more dreams a night without much effort at all. Maybe something to consider if you do smoke.

Basically, just relax and don’t try too hard!! This will set up a mental block in your mind that is very hard to overcome. Believe me I know. :grin: Hang in there!!

well… I stopped trying to ld a while ago for a good while and stopped going to this site but I’ve started trying again now and I find that keeping a dream journal helps a lot.

I actually don’t write much into it much… like even if I DO remember a dream, it’s usually ****ING WEIRD :neutral: so then I don’t write it in… :confused: although I probably should…

like there was this dream I had where… there’s these 2…moths or butterflies… moths I think, which I’m usually terrified of… :confused: but anyway they were like, flying around my head I think and some other peoples’ like my dad’s I think… we were on a beach too I believe, a stony beach, anyways, the moths land on a rock, one’s white, one’s yellow, then one of them says something like “do you know anyone that isn’t annoyed by that?” :neutral: or something, talking about flying around people’s heads. :eh:

like, come on people, WTF am I smoking?!?! :eh:

perhaps some people are slipping hallucenigenic drugs into my food :bored:

anyway, back to the dream journal, I find that just writing down the date in it the night before, in preparation to write a dream down helps me sometimes. Probably because it means I at least think of lucid dreaming a BIT…

Does ANYONE have a weirder dream than that? there was also this dream where… my dad’s car was in the driveway, smashed up, rusted I think, and it was somehow my fault… though I don’t know how :confused:

i actually remembered 2 dreams 2day :cool_laugh: wen i used the MILD technique (dont know why that helped) but when i woke up first i coudnt remember a thing an i think that was cus i woke up in a bad mood

would that be the reason?
:yinyang:
anyway in the first dream i remembered i was actually readin about lucid dreaming but i wasnt aware of my actions it was like i was watching myself on tv or something but then out of no-where the dream ended and i ended up in my school

am i getin closer to lucid dreaming or does it all just like mean nothing ???

If you wake up in a bad mood, you’re probibly thinking of other things rather than your dreams. When you wake up, try to clear your mind. Stay in the position you woke up in for a bit, then move to another position and relax for a bit there. I find I remember more in different positions. Keep a dream journal for sure, and if you find that MILD helps, by all means!
good luck!

-There are lots of ways of remembering your dreams. Some ppl use dream journals and others tell themselves: “i WILL remember my dream!”
There arent ‘specific’ methods that actually work…its different for every1.
-MILD is just a method that u r supossed to do if u want to remember your dream better. What u do is, say to yourself: “i will remember my dream”. You do this continuously untill u fall asleep. Say it every couple of seconds. See yourself remembering your dream when u wake up. There are lots of posts about WILDs, if u read some of them…maby u will get a better understanding of them. Hope this helped !
c ya ^_~

i ve just got another prob to do with remembering dreams cause every time i wake in the morning i turn off my alarm and quickly get up and dont even remember to try and recall my dream. i only start tryin to remember wen im down stairs and totaly unable to do so :yinyang:

what can i do this is very anoying :grrr:

i ve just got another prob to do with remembering dreams cause every time i wake in the morning i turn off my alarm and quickly get up and dont even remember to try and recall my dream. i only start tryin to remember wen im down stairs and totaly unable to do so :yinyang:

what can i do this is very anoying :grrr:

I find that spinning clockwise when you get out of bed can bring back a few details you’ve forgotten. Also, don’t move when you first wake up. Parts of your dreams should rush back to you.

is it vital to remember 3 dreams a night before you begin lds cause i can remember about 1 - 1/2 of a dream every night and im not sure wen to start trying lds

I beg to differ. I think you can begin learning to LD anytime, provided you remember a decent sized dream each night. Plus, learning about LDing is bound to increase your dream memories over time. :cool: