Coma and LDing

I have some questions about this. Hopefully someone can answer them:

What EXACTLY is a coma? Can you compare it with deep sleep?

Are you conscious, unconscious (subconscious?) or something in between while being in a coma?

Is it possible to dream while being in a coma?
If so, is it possible to have LDs in a coma? Has anyone did this before? Does it feel the same as LDing in “normal” life?

If LDing is supposed to improve your physical and mental health, and IF LDing is possible while in a coma, then perhaps you can use your LDing to wake yourself up from a coma? (or is it too farfetched? it’s just a thought…)

Post your thoughts :smile:

sorry not sure bout that but i have a similar question: When in like surgary, and they put you to sleep, do you dream? I’ve heard some people say its like you were asleep for like 1 min, if not wouldn’t it be really easy to do a WILD while they put you under? Thanks,
TheOtherNeo (yeah im tryin it out)

Well, I had a surgery before and they put me under. I don’t even remember passing out at all. :confused: It felt like I was under for 30 seconds (the part where I start to wake up).

But, in COMA, you can become conscious, but it is like sleep paralysis… you can’t wake yourself up, but you’re conscious. That’s what I heard, that’s why people told you to keep talking to someone who is comatose because they can hear you. And they do still dream during in COMA so it is possible that you can have lucid dreams. But being conscious won’t do anything to cut the comatose time shorter because when you’re in SP, you can’t really do anything until it goes away on its own. So…

:smile: Is it helpful?

Depends also what the reason is why you are in a coma!
With brain damage you can shake that idea anyway mystic!

Btw i am lucid in deep sleep and also below deep sleep a nde.
In deep sleep mystic your visual cortex is ofline…no visuals no world to manipulate or create like in the dream world.

Jeff

intristing thought, i wonder what it would be like to be lucid with no vision. You could just pertend things are there and still FEEL them, but yeah it’d be weird…

It doesn’t make sense to me that one sense could be gone, yet all your others would be available. Without sight, surely you’d have nothing but your thoughts.

Yes Atheist, in deep sleep your visual cortex is of line and indeed
i never experienced more then my thoughts, one exception there is
you have no dream body either, you are just feeling zero gravity lol in an endless pitch black nothingness. iI find it funny…below deep sleep all turns into bright neon white light. But thats allready been discribed as a NDE.

Jeff

Thx for your posts :content: If you’re in a coma, what kind of brainwaves are you producing? Or is it variable?

@ Jeff: I understand you had a EEG machine for some time. Did you record your EEG/EOG/EMG while you were lucid in deep sleep or during the NDE? That’s got to be some interesting graphics :smile:

I agree with DM7 on the doctor putting you under thing. When I got mouth surgery when I woke up it was like being really drunk but I didn’t think they had started yet! It was kind of like taking way too much medicine (benedryl and amozicilin) and passing out last summer when I had ear infections, I would wake up and not really know what was going on and didn’t remember sleeping very much. Is it that you don’t dream or that you just have no recall I wonder? I’m assuming that if my thought of reincarnation is wrong then that’s what it would be like to be dead, if you could extend that nothing between when they drug you and before you wake up, forever.

Yeah… :happy:

Yes Mystic i did :smile:
for ten years i had an eeg machine…with an nde my eeg was almost flat.
In the blackvoid under dream stage you saw mostly deltawaves on the eeg.
I now know a pet scan would be way more interesting 4 ld research lol but i got no money 4 that :smile:

Jeff

Wow, that’s got to be the first EEG from a NDE ever recorded!! Nice job!! :grin:
Have you got an explanation of why it was nearly flat? You should send your results to sleep laboratories or the Lucidity Institute :wink:

(sorry, a little of topic)
Jeff:
so you were lucid in deep sleep, intresting! i never heard about that. in what stage do you get there, how? are you using WILD or MILD ?
are your thoughts different from waking life, or is it the same as you were thinking in waking life, only that you have no bodey :smile: ?

Hi mystic :smile:
mm i dont know if its the first eeg recording of a NDE, think in hospitals they have eeg recordings to of NDE’s.
Its flat because the deeper you go into trance the more you shut of brain functions, i mean the less active the brain will be…and the electricity shuts down to. So a near flat eeg recording.

Jeff

Mindexplorer, its stage 4, deep sleep stage.
How i get there, well years ago i used a mix of selfhypnosis, meditation and breathing for it…so a very sophisticated wild or dream yoga you could call it.
Later i found out that if you use selfhypnosis in a lucid dream its childs play to get from there into the deep sleep lucid. I use selfhypnosis in my lucid dreams to let my dreambody fall a sleep and it desolves totally and also my real body follows then into deep sleep… then you enter the second black void, (the first black void witch is less deep and intense is between waking and rem sleep). your only eyes…zero gravity no dreambody. your consciousness is almost the same as when you are awake. your less distracted to things lol.
If you go deeper into sleep you go into a nde and al changes again into a 10.000 watts neon bright light and strange loud buzzes and wind and you have a body again of light…bit weird.

Jeff

Interesting stuff indeed… I wonder what would happen if you went even deeper… die? Do you have this eeg machine still? :smile:

And how long time did you use to reach this “nde” state?

Hi Tomas…i still had to answer your post…lol i almost forgot… :smile:

If i go from the pure wild thing…from waking to nde it always took me 2 hours but now after so many years its between 45 and 60 min.
If i take the short cut lol, fast wild like the dream yoga throat chakra tech i can do it in 15 to 20 minutes. Because once i enter dream sleep lucid i can use selhypnosis and go like a rocket so fast into deeper sleep levels.

Yes in the end you would die if u go deeper and deeper.
yogi’s say that we have 7 sleep levels and normal ppl only use the first 4.
last 3 are nde and real obe’s… but they say u kill the body if u go over the edge of the 7th level of sleep. I can go below level 4…the deep sleep stage, so thats level 5, i was never below that. Maybe at the end of my life lol.

Nope sold my eeg some years ago now, maybe i buy a new one…dont know yet :smile:

Bye Tomas :cool_laugh:
Jeff

Wow some very interesting abilities you have Jeff :smile:
I was wondering: do you know where to get a second-hand EEG machine? I did a search on the net but the ones I’ve found were new, and always cost more than 5000 euro. This is a bit too much for my little budget :content: Thx

Hi mystic :smile:
Thx!

Mm i dont know, really saved up 4 one then!
To bad i sold mine else you could try that one.
I would ask the shops that sell them to call u if maybe a buyer brings one back. Or i would put an advertisement at internet.
Maybe u get lucky, its worth it, it gives u big info about all your sleep and meditation patterns.

Good Luck!
Jeff

Ok thx for that Jeff. I’ll search around a bit. Perhaps I’m lucky :smile: Or perhaps my doctor or someone at a hospital knows something about it. But first I’ll start to save some money :grin: